Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade CP Pro Flybar

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 11:24 PM
mrcandyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade CP Pro Flybar

Since I got the Blade CP Pro 2 years ago I have been fighting with the thing. I could fly it, but it just seemed so hard, even inside. After balancing everything I still had a very noticeable head wobble. I made sure the main shaft was straight, CG is fine all around. Pitch perfect, ect. Still could not get rid of the wobble. Well, I haven't flown this for the past 6 months or so and last night I fired it up and noticed it was even worse than before. So after stripping it down and checking everything again, I put it back together and was checking the tracking when I noticed one of my servoes was up a bit higher than the others. Tried it out and it would go up, but not back down. After a bit more fiddling I disconnected the link and sure enough it was toast and the opposite one was pulling it up. So, I decided to manually hold the ball end on the swashplate. Still that darn wobble. Finally I was like "fine, I'll see how far apart the ends of the flybar are. 0.63mm difference. Not very big, but I decided to try to tackle it anyways. After about 15 minutes of struggling I got it to 0.01mm difference. Spooled it up again holding the ball and it was smooth as butter. All this time 0.63mm difference on the flybar was throwing the thing off, making it harder to fly than it should be. I'll pick up a new servo tomorrow (am using HS-55 is you're wondering) and should be good to go. Hopefully it's not windy so I can see the difference.

Just though I'd post this to let you know how such a stupidly small difference can make all the difference in your experience.