Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

CX2 battery plugged wrong now won't fly

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

CX2 battery plugged wrong now won't fly

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 07:45 PM
johnnyh14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CX2 battery plugged wrong now won't fly

I plugged a battery into my CX2 in low light and plugged it in backwards. Motor ran up high to hi rpms andIunplugged it. I could smell somthing got hot. I plugged a battery in correctly and when the heli booted up Ihad anred/orange flashing light and the motors would not crank.I unpluggedand waited a few minutes and the heli booted up right but I could not get enoughpower to fly. Could this be one ofthe motor protection circuits.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Mack66

Default RE: CX2 battery plugged wrong now won't fly

I fear you may have ruined the ESC. The motors operate in either direction without any trouble. Hopefully your RX is still okay.

Anybody else suggest anything?

I've wondered if it was possible to insert that connector the wrong way by forcing it, and now I have my answer. Sorry to hear about this.

Mack
Old 07-20-2009, 09:37 PM
Coyote64

I did this on my blade 400 with the stock connectors, the connectors didnt plug together but did let the electricity arc across which fried my esc.

As Mack66 said motors will be fine as they can run both ways so should escape unscathed but your 4 in 1 however will almost certainly be finished, there is no reverse polarity protection in them.

I would also be suprised if your receiver is not damaged also.

Your servos on the other hand should be fine also

Not good news unfortunatly im afraid, to be fair the battery connectors are not the best design and or fool proof
Old 07-21-2009, 04:59 PM
cogdillm

Sorry to hear about your mishap.. There is 2 mosfets and 2 diodes that handle the motor speed control. You probably have damaged one of these. I can repair the unit if you like. I have more info on my site www.radiocontrolrepair.com. You can give me a call @ 251-259-1261 as well to discuss.

Thanks micromike
Old 07-21-2009, 06:30 PM
Mack66

ORIGINAL: cogdillm

Sorry to hear about your mishap.. There is 2 mosfets and 2 diodes that handle the motor speed control. You probably have damaged one of these. I can repair the unit if you like. I have more info on my site www.radiocontrolrepair.com. You can give me a call @ 251-259-1261 as well to discuss.

Thanks micromike
I sure am glad you weighed in on this. I remembered seeing your webpage somewhere and couldn't remember where. I'll be real interested to see what comes of this. If Johnny sends his unit in I hope he reports back to this thread on how things went. Your service is unique in this "throw it away" age.

This time I bookmarked your website. You just know someday I'm gonna fry my ESC. If I do, you'll have another customer.

Mack
Old 07-22-2009, 02:44 PM
darkslategrey

As far as fixing the problem goes, regardless of whether you've fried or not fried your ESC or RX, you're going to need a new 4-in-1, as it handles all that kind of fun stuff.