Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

About ready to give up on the mSR

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

About ready to give up on the mSR

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 11:37 PM
Freezetron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About ready to give up on the mSR

After the frustration i've had over the weekend with my tail rotor disaster and the amount of tweaking this thing requires just to keep this thing decently in the air for a hover, I'm already starting to feel burnt out and not having much fun with my mSR. Can't believe such a little and simple of a machine could require so much freaking babying, hell I don't think my Revo 3.3 was this much work!

And I can't believe how fast the freaking fast the fly bar wears out, I find that disturbing that the parts don't last long. Buying a new fly bar after every 50+ flights is a little lame in my book.

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=166123

Of course, my LHS didn't have the tail boon or anything in stock, so I won't be able to freaking fly again till friday if i'm lucky.

Its the same feeling I got when I got my first nitro truck two years ago. Initially it was a blast and I had a lot of fun learning. But the toll of constantly babying, tweaking and fixing the damn thing finally got the point where I was more frustrated and broke then having fun.

mSR is starting to show the same warning signs and I may get out of this whole helicopter mess before I get much further yet. I dunno, I'll repair it on Friday IF my parts come and go from there...
Old 10-06-2009, 12:00 AM
kruser495

Default RE: About ready to give up on the mSR

just bad luck. sorry to hear it. beleive me, once you know how to work on this thing and learn to fly it, it is so much fun. i crashed mine into a car today going full speed and i just picked it up and flew again. i cant tell you how many times i have crashed into concrete and it always holds up. is it just the tail rotor your having trouble with?
Old 10-06-2009, 06:29 PM
rotarydoc

B1,

I agree with kruser, these can be a whole lot of fun, and are actually quite durable, as RC helicopters go...

It's easy to get discouraged, we have all been there...I know I have. Been so disgusted sometimes, I'll just put a heli in the corner for a while...until I cool down a bit, and start thinking rationally again!

So, don't give up, give it a few days, and maybe on Friday, when your parts (hopefully) arrive, you'll have a new outlook...

I have crashed mine a couple of times, but no issues yet...but I have heard of some tail boom/motor issues....what exactly happened?

Anyways, good luck with it, and don't give up just yet, they can be soo much fun when you get them flying right, and not breaking all the time....

Glenn
Old 10-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Freezetron

Well, I already miss flying it after several days so now im anxious to get it back up and working, especially cause the weather outside is turning crappy and I dont' wanna drive my truck in freaking windy and cold weather.

Plus, that LED light kit would look really sexy.....
Old 10-07-2009, 09:39 PM
rotarydoc

B1,

There ya go!

Amazing what a few days off will do....lol!

Hope you get it in the air soon...and have some fun!

Glenn
Old 10-07-2009, 09:43 PM
J-MICHAEL

B1,

There ya go!

Amazing what a few days off will do....lol!

Hope you get it in the air soon...and have some fun!

Glenn

+1........................ [8D][8D] The pilot always wins...............
Old 10-07-2009, 11:46 PM
Dave ESPI

mine was busted a few weeks. I needd a new board because it crapped out on me with a factory defect. I am back up and flying, its a great heli and does actualy take a good beating, but knowing how to fly and being cognecient of the fact that it does indeed need stick input and micro adjustments to fly it ( much as many bigger birds do) its not exactly a "beginner heli".

Give it some time, its awesome
Old 10-08-2009, 03:27 AM
J-MICHAEL

And I can't believe how fast the freaking fast the fly bar wears out, I find that disturbing that the parts don't last long. Buying a new fly bar after every 50+ flights is a little lame in my book.

With the mSR cranking about 2600 rpms, that little flybar doesn't seem to do a bad job really from what I've read... Thankfully the mSR is lightweight and so that helps a lot as far as some of the parts becoming stressed. Sometimes its good to do a bit of preventative maintenance in those areas where you think there is a weakness. I think Scott (Dunkonu23) does for his flybar if I'am not mistaken.

Keep at it, and if you need any help along the way were all here for you, and also going through the rough ride of learning.... [8D]

~ Jeff
Old 10-08-2009, 07:45 AM
Ribbit

This might be a stupid question, but what are the symptoms of a flybar wearing out?

I've only had some basic trim issues with mine, but I did order some spare parts sitting in a box for when the times comes (a fresh new tailboom+motor assembly, blade grips, and those pesky canopy o-rings).

But the flybar didn't strike me as a component that would wear out often.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:10 AM
dunkonu23

Not to hijack this thread...

Toilet Bowl Effect is the main symptom. If you crash a lot, you'll probably break the flybar before you wear it out. One thing to look for is wear on the center holeit will become out of round eventually from rubbing on the main shaft. Some have said flying the helicopter with the center being out of round is okay, but Ihaven't experienced that. My helicopter was much better with a new flybar. Again, this is gospel.

Scott