Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 04:54 PM
Enthlapy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Struggling with single rotor basics V2

ORIGINAL: 9sec240

Why is there a lion raping a goat as your avatar?
Cause its a Lion raping a goat, dont you just want it!
Old 08-19-2011, 10:40 PM
jerrymac
My Feedback: (2)

OK guys, just one question. In the photo in post #7284 (I think that was it ), I know who the people are on the left in the pic, and I know who is in the 'big chair', but just wondering who are the 2 people on the right in the photo. Just want to do my best to stay 'in the loop'. Although I may not be a regular poster here, I do try my best to check up on you guys almost daily.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:53 AM
Enthlapy

ORIGINAL: jerrymac

OK guys, just one question. In the photo in post #7284 (I think that was it ), I know who the people are on the left in the pic, and I know who is in the 'big chair', but just wondering who are the 2 people on the right in the photo. Just want to do my best to stay 'in the loop'. Although I may not be a regular poster here, I do try my best to check up on you guys almost daily.
Thats me and my wife Gaby.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:05 AM
clp.eng
My Feedback: (10)

Took out the mCP X last night for some nose in practice - getting better but still a lot of work to go. I decided no more dumping it but I will save it at all costs. Well, according to the tree next door - it ain't goinna' happen. Luckily, I found the tail boom section in the tail grass about 20 ft from where I got the heli out of the tree. Looks like all the parts are there, now just to put them all back togather again.

I'm wondering if I didn't have the tail boom all the way in...

The 450 was going to go out this morning but the skies opened up & the deluge came! Eddie I've been trying to send some of these storms you're way but it ain't happening.

Chuck
Old 08-20-2011, 01:02 PM
clp.eng
My Feedback: (10)

The rain stopped & took the CP X out again. It hit a driveway pretty hard. Got it in the air again & it was a little twitchy. Landed it unplugged the pack & plugged it back in - DEAD! No light, no servos, nothing... Sounds like the main board this time.

Chuck
Old 08-20-2011, 01:03 PM
9sec240

Best video I have seen that shows what IRCHA is about... You might recognize somebody at 3:48. LOL

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk8DkaE-zT0&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]
Old 08-20-2011, 02:09 PM
9sec240

Scott, all Castle HV ESCs have been recalled. Even the new V3 you got at IRCHA. http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo...ydraicehv.html
Old 08-20-2011, 03:34 PM
dunkonu23

Thanks for the heads up, Ivan! Right now, Ijust checked my E-mail and found this....

<o></o>

<o></o>

<o></o>

ICE HV, Mamba XL & Hydra Ice HV<o></o>

Warning & Recall advisory 2011-03<o></o>

Aug 20, 2011<o></o>

<o></o>

The performance of a component used in the Castle ICE HV 60, ICE HV 80, ICE HV 120, ICE HV 160, Mamba XL and HYDRA ICE HV controllers has changed from the original specifications for that part. This tolerance change may lead to failure of the affected controllers.<o></o>

For your safety, we request that all customers cease operation of these controllers immediately. Send all of these controllers back to Castle for modifications required to improve the safety and reliability of these products. This recall includes all controllers labeled as V3. There are no charges associated with this modification.<o></o>

The only controllers that are properly modified and are approved for operation will be labeled clearly as ICE HV (Amp Rating) 2, Mamba XL 2 & HYDRA ICE HV 2.<o></o>

We understand that you may not wish to return your controller. Those that have served you well are likely to continue doing so; however, controllers that you may have recently purchased should be assumed to be assembled with the problem components.<o></o>

If you insist on using these controllers, please be advised that the risks of continued usage begin with severe burns to you and/or others, as well as property damage to your RC vehicle or surroundings. Please wear fire-proof gloves when connecting any HV controllers that use 8 or 10 gauge wire to their power source.<o></o>

<hr align="center" size="2" width="100%" />

REPLACEMENT PROCEDURE<o></o>

Click this link and follow the directions of advisory 2011 - 03 to process your return if you have any of the following controllers.<o></o>

Phoenix ICE HV 60<o></o>

Phoenix ICE HV 160 & ICE HV 160 LITE<o></o>

Phoenix ICE HV 80<o></o>

Mamba XL<o></o>

Phoenix ICE HV 120<o></o>

Hydra ICE HV<o></o>

North American and all non-European customers:
<o></o>

Please return controllers to Castle in Kansas via a traceable delivery service:<o></o>

CASTLE CREATIONS, INC<o></o>

120HV SERVICE / Service Department<o></o>

540 N.ROGERS RD.<o></o>

OLATHE, KS 66062 <o></o>

<o></o>

European customers:<o></o>

Please return controllers via a traceable delivery service to our new European repair center:<o></o>

CASTLE CREATIONS EUROPE BVBA<o></o>

120HV SERVICE<o></o>

GEELSEWEG 80<o></o>

2250 OLEN<o></o>

BELGIUM<o></o>

<o></o>

Note: The Olen office cannot support technical support or warranty calls at this time. Direct all questions to Castle using the normal tech support or warranty service addresses.<o></o>

<o></o>

Hobby dealers and commercial customers worldwide:<o></o>

Please contact Lori at Castle in Kansas to make arrangements for return of your stock.<o></o>

<o></o>

<hr align="center" size="2" width="100%" />

Please be sure to include a copy of the return confirmation generated by the web site in your package.<o></o>

We sincerely appreciate your patience in this matter. As hobbyists ourselves, we understand your disappointment at not being able to use your controller during this period. <o></o>

Thank you,<o></o>

Team Castle<o></o>

<o></o>

<o></o>

FAQs<o></o>

1. It may not be possible to economically repair some controllers. Those controllers will be replaced by refurbished controllers that were made from unsold controllers that have been recalled from the sales channels. <o></o>

2. We will replace the control board in as many returned units as possible. We will make sure that you receive your exact controller. This will likely cause the process to take a bit longer, but it will ensure that you are comfortable with the prior use of the controller that you receive from us.<o></o>

3. As we cannot state in advance the criteria for reparability vs. replacement, please remove all connectors from your controllers before sending them in to us.<o></o>

4. Due to the manner in which most of the ICE HV controllers and their heat sinks are assembled, we do not recommend that users ask to install the replacement board themselves. <o></o>

5. We cannot give you an exact estimate of the time required to return your controllers. We will keep you updated as to the status of our repairs via email. We understand that you may be frustrated by this experience, and we will be happy to talk with you individually, but our Tech Support staff do not have any more information to offer you beyond the statements made in this announcement. <o></o>

<o></o>

<o></o>

<o></o>

Oh, well... now what to do... I can take a positive from this, bro... It is... it's gonna get fixed eventually.

Scott
Old 08-20-2011, 04:00 PM
dunkonu23

LMAO!!! Ivan, you're a star! V-Stabi!

Scott
Old 08-22-2011, 02:14 PM
dunkonu23

A little video from today...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geNYgefqtFE[/youtube]

Scott
Old 08-22-2011, 04:54 PM
9sec240

Very nice Scott. Love the smoke trail during the loop!!
Old 08-23-2011, 02:07 AM
dunkonu23

I get caught up looking at the smoke trail... then I realize I'm the one flying...

It was pretty windy yesterday and the helicopter took it well.. just like it did when it was flybarred. I still hate separate swash drivers, though.

On another note, that was the first video I've edited using Adobe Elements Premier. I'm not too happy with the quality of the output. It doesn't seem to save in MP4 format. Sony does, but even with my laptop (which is fast) it can take over an hour to render in a super high quality MP4 format. Being that my education is in computer graphics, specifically animation and rendering, I know the process is intense, but it seems like a travesty that Adobe doesn't support MP4 output.

Oh, yeah... my T-Rex 500 is fixed. I did what you suggested, only I cut up an old T-Shirt for the reinforcement on the canopy... Man, CA got HOT and started smoking! I finished it outside.

Scott
Old 08-23-2011, 04:21 AM
9sec240

Yeah, it is pretty crazy how hot it will get when curing.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:16 PM
dunkonu23

Really crazy. Took me by surprise.

OMG! My Furion 6 is a rocket. I flew it today... upwind leg... lots of collective. Downwind leg, Rocket Ship City. Last two flights before the ESC goes back.

Scott
Old 08-25-2011, 02:58 PM
dunkonu23

Our trip to IRCHA.. a little shakey in places, but still it's about the trip!

http://www.vimeo.com/28169388

Scott
Old 08-25-2011, 03:23 PM
9sec240

Nice job on the video Scott!! I like the FASTLAD Challenger.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:38 PM
dunkonu23

That car is bad!Dunno what it can do it the1/4. Probably nowhere near thecars you build. Before we caught up to him, Chris burned out for about 100 yards.... lots of smoke... kinda like a Nascar doughnut, smoke wise. Last Friday, at experiencerc, I was talking to Steve and his neighbor. Steve's neighbor detailed Chris' car and said it took him the longest time to get all the rubber out of the rear wheel wells!

Scott

Old 08-25-2011, 04:49 PM
dunkonu23

Phil,

You doing okay, bro?:  I hope the hurricane missed you!

Scott
Old 08-26-2011, 07:49 AM
phillyD

Yea Scotty SirIt touched me asa tropical storm and left me without power for two days which affected water supply and even the telephones. She's heading for the US coast..I dread to think aaggrrhh
Old 08-26-2011, 10:44 AM
dunkonu23

Bad news about the power and water, but it's good that you and yours are unscathed. Being in the midwest, I don't get hurricanes anymore, but I do get tornadoes from time to time. I'm just happy you and yours are okay!

Scott
Old 08-26-2011, 04:35 PM
9sec240

Glad you are OK Phil. Being with out electricity sucks.... did it a couple times this year. Weather is freaking out lately.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:48 PM
Iryna

Hi guys, <o></o>

I need your help. I am writing a research paper for my marketing class at school about people who fly RC helicopters.<o></o>

Please take this brief survey, it will take less than 5 min http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DYTHBPL<o></o>

I will highly appreciate it! Thank you!<o></o>

Old 08-27-2011, 05:12 PM
dknovick

Hey to all y'all

Gaaaaaa! Didn't mean to be away for this long. Had a demo for a customer before I left for RoboSub, so I was busy. When I got back from RoboSub, I had two weeks to catch up on work, since I was going to be a booth babe @ a robotics conference in DC. On Friday (last week), when I got back from DC, I had to swing by work to pick up some PC boards and components, so that I could populate a new board over the weekend.

So, the only way I found to slow myself down was to sprain my ankle bouldering. Level 2 sprain, major stretch/slight tear of the ligaments.

I now should have some time to get back to the important things in life, flying!

Ivan-
Sweet ride

Alex-
Nice, low cost quad!

Here's an idea for your next night time flights:
http://www.sparkfun.com/news/689
[link=http://www.sparkfun.com/news/689]Night Flyer[/link]

I'm back, really!

-Dave
Old 08-27-2011, 05:21 PM
dknovick

ORIGINAL: Iryna
Please take this brief survey, it will take less than 5 min http://www.surveymonkey.com
Actually, it will take about 1 min. (only 10 questions).

-Dave
Old 08-27-2011, 05:23 PM
maxmax77

Good to have you back Dave [8D]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.