Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Blade MSR... is it fun?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade MSR... is it fun?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 01:46 PM
redbaron9898
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade MSR... is it fun?

I am an intermediate heli pilot.
I usually fly my mini titan 3d
i can do loops and rolls.

I see a lot of people saying that the new Blade MSR is a good step up from coaxial helis.
Would a pilot like me still have fun with this even though it is geared more towards beginners?
Old 12-22-2009, 04:34 PM
31794ty
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Blade MSR... is it fun?

I would think so. It is great for indoors and is really fast but at the same time can be flown slow.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:06 PM
redbaron9898

Do you have it?
Do you have to hold full forward all the time like the co-axials?
Old 12-22-2009, 05:41 PM
wattman

If you hold full forward , your going to hit something really quick [X(]
It can really accelerate at full stick , any direction .
compared to a MCX , the MSR is really FAST !
Old 12-22-2009, 11:39 PM
31794ty

Yes I have it and everything wattman said is true.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:52 AM
mediclavina

The MSR is one of the easiest single-rotor helis for beginners. And it's also tough in typical crashes. You may enjoy it for flying indoors (especially tight spaces) throughout the winter. But Eflite made it too easy to the point it doesn't behave like other single-rotor helis anymore. There is a possibility an experienced flyer like you may easily get bored of it.

I personally prefer the handling and behavior of my SRB Quark compared to my MSR. The Quark (though very stable) responds to control inputs the way my CP helis do.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:44 PM
klaze

I would say for a intermediate - advanced flier..

The MSr is very fun to fly in a smallsh indoor space where you can go fast and make very quick tight turns.

It blows my mind how the MSr can stop and turn on a dime.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:22 PM
gi1mo2

Never stop by your local hobby store to wish the owners happy holidays. I did just that after work and came out of the store with an MSR. They received the BNF model which I had used as an excuse not to buy the RTF since I already owned a Spektrum DX7. Binding was a snap. I just had to trim the rudder to get it stable, and I was off to the races. It does turn on a dime, and when it decides to go, it goes fast. I found it a bit nervous at first, but got used to it quickly since I have other helis. It will be great fun over the winter months. I will use it to gain confidence on rotations, face in etc for my larger 450's.

I used about 6 batteries so far on the MSR this evening. I didn't need the charger since I already had an after market 4 battery charger for my MCX. I found it interesting that the tail holds better than that of my CP Pro 2. I never found the proper setting for that one.

If I was a beginner, I would still start with a coaxial (I had an MCX and had a CX2) and move up to something like the MSR. It can take the abuse. The MSR is not a beginner helicopter. It is a lot of fun in tight places and I can't wait to try it outside next summer (light to no wind condition).

Gilles
Old 12-24-2009, 10:08 AM
Sasquatchin

I bought one yesterday and its a blast!

Fast, Agile, and can take a beating!
Old 12-26-2009, 03:00 PM
nothinbetr2do

i just bought one of these, i'm still waiting for it to get here. what are the first things to check on these? are there any problems that need to be addressed right away? thanks for any help
Old 12-26-2009, 03:11 PM
gi1mo2

No problem with mine out of the box. Have a look at the video from the e-flite site that explains how to check rudder correctness. Note that I found it hard to take off and go to hover at first because of turbulence at low altitude. I thought it was completely off balance. I ended up taking off a little faster than normal to gain altitude. That was it. The other trick is to hold it (lightly) in your right hand and power up slowly with your left. Let if fly off your hand without too much throttle to hit the cealing. This will avoid the ground effect.

Gilles
Old 12-26-2009, 10:31 PM
mobius88

I like flying mine - have mCX and CX2 and now this, mSR.

Sorry - hijacked your post! I started a new post with my question re: not enough lift.

Yes the mSR is WICKED fun!
Old 12-27-2009, 02:00 AM
ejam

gi1mo2, I have had issues on take off to hover, maybe the ground effect is my problem. I havent tried to hand launch it, too scared to. Here is what I am doing at startup, slowly give throttle, and at the point of skids getting light, the heli wants to drift backwards and to the left. I have tried the trims, but doent matter. I am begining to think it is just me, I am new to helis.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:27 AM
grasschopper46

One thing is for sure it will teach you how to REACT to what ever the crazy thing does and this might make us better in the end I THINK?mcx,msr,belt cpv2,raptor 30!!!!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
Old 12-27-2009, 03:08 AM
ejam

Well I found my problem. The landing gear front post was out of its socket, causing it to sit unbalanced and made the battery tray at a slant. That was just enough to cause the backward/left movement. Put the post in socket, and now I have almost perfect takeoffs and hover.

I wonder how long it will be before I am able to fly my trex 250se? lol I got bit by a heli bug when I found out my wife was getting me the msr for Christmas, so I bought my self the 250se super combo!
Old 12-27-2009, 11:25 AM
res3567

Before you fly, ALWAYS check the center of gravity(CG) of your heli and after a crash. Batterey placement is crucial and if it not pushed all the way in it's slot, you will get unstable flight characteristics and this is so simple to do and will eliminate alot of headaches. As far as it pointing to the right, part of that is natural because of the single rotor design of the heli, mine wants to LEAN to the right and this is what this heli does. The tail rotor is doing it's job, but it causes a side effect at hover which will get you to thinking there is something wrong with your new heli.