Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Noob with a cx2

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 02:44 PM
Legendpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob with a cx2

Hey guys! After years of wanting and waiting, I finally got off the ground. Been an avid 1/10 nitro driver for quite sometime, but felt the need to try something different.

I'm sure I'll have a few questions through the learning process, but for now I'm having fun - slowly. One quick Q now if I may..

After turning on the tx and waiting for it to bind, I insert and connect the battery on the heli. The light on the 4in1 flashes red, then green, then steady green like it should. However, the light on the rx constantly flashes orange. I read somewhere that this means it needs to be re-bound (binded), but the controls function properly. Have not put it in the air yet, and it's brand new. Am I over thinking this?

Thanks,
Drew
Old 04-01-2010, 07:06 AM
Legendpilot

Default RE: Noob with a cx2

Day #2-

Okay, the rx light remains solid now, not sure what was up.

A while back I thought about getting in to fixed wing aircraft, specifically the NexStar trainer. I went ahead an purchased RealFlight basic since it includes this exact plane. Fortunately, it also contains a few other aircraft and one of those is the AxeEz. Since the Axe is a co-axial like the CX2 is, I figured it'd be a great training tool with which to work and I was right. I've been flying that virtual heli for a few months now, and it made the transition from virtual to real very smooth.

I am able to fly the CX2 fairly well. I do wish I had more indoor space to practice in, but all in all I'm having little problem. Now if I could just get the furniture to cooperate and move out of my way when I approach I'd be good. Broke both upper and lower blades from a good smack into the coffee table, and cracked the body, from I believe, a few hard landings. No worries though, my LHS has everything I need to get her up and running again, so a trip is in order this evening.

Thanks for letting me share my exploits with this fantastic piece of technology, I'm having a blast with it!
Old 04-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Legendpilot

Okay, it's been about a week now. I had my first major crash yesterday when flying outside. Heli met a weeping willow tree about 40' up and I cut throttle and just let her drop, I was too afraid I'd get stuck in the tree. Bounced top rotor head first on a picnic table bending the inner drive shaft, yet nothing else broke.

Just the day before I had picked one up since I thought it had a little wobble in it, glad I did. Replaced shaft and it now flys better than ever. I also took the time to put a thin coat of dry lube on the inner shaft before I installed it. A few more key places received a little lube as well, and rock steady she hovers.

Took her over my mother-in-laws to get a little air time on Easter. Wind was non-existant and I got two full packs through it without incident.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:25 AM
Scream And Fly

Glad to read that you're having a good time with your CX2. Although I spend most of my flying time now using my Falcon 40, Blade mSR and SR, I'll never part with my CX2. It's a fun heli to fly.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Legendpilot

It's safe to say I'm having fun with it!

Getting proficient in the living room, although after dinner last night I knocked back a few and slammed her into wifeys lamp shade. Lamp okay, all blades broken. Decided to paint the tips before putting the new ones back on and they look pretty slick.

Outside yesterday doing some runs up and down the street and it seemed quick - had full control, and responsiveness was on par. I did move the linkage out one hole on the throw arms, but I'm not sure it made a whole lot of diference.

I'm already looking at my next bird, and I'm torn between the mSR and the SR. On one hand, I can get the bind-n-fly version of the mSR and fly the little durable thing just about anywhere, have two batteries that charge fairly quick, and use the radio from my CX2. On the other, I can wait a few weeks for the SR to become available and try my luck there. Oh heck, maybe I'll just get both!
Old 04-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Stone624

Ihave the msr and love it, I'm not 100% on this but I think I remember reading you would have to switch some dip switches on your tx (oem tx) to work between any of the cx series and the msr, I could be wrong but i would look into it.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:58 AM
Legendpilot

Stone, I read the same. Doesn't seem like too much trouble once you know their correct posistions.

Well, the in flight jitters are gone, I can confidently get her up and move her out at will. I now know how much wind is too much, and when not to fly. Working on speed runs with authority, getting her to move out like that is a skill in its own. Still having a blast and flying everyday. Wanting the mSR more and more..I think I'm getting MBS (Multi bird syndrome) .

-Lp