Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Scale Bodies for SR

Old 05-04-2010, 11:32 AM
ElectricPower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scale Bodies for SR

Iam looking for information about scale bodiesfor the Blade SR. Ihave located a very nice Airwolf body for the mSR but he made them specifically for that model and doesn't have anything for the SR. Ihave read about people modifying the E-Flight Huey body for the CPseries to fit the SR but Iwas hoping to have something available that didn't require modifications to the frame for when Iwanted to remove the body. Ihave a link here to the step by step process done to make it fit. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1211831

Old 05-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Drumheller Dave

Default RE: Scale Bodies for SR

I just wish I could get the stock canopy on mine....can't get the tab to tuck under the crosspiece.....always fly it with the canopy off........maybe I'll cut off the tab and get some velcro
Old 05-15-2010, 04:55 AM
Doug47
My Feedback: (24)

Dave, the tab doesn't go under the cross piece it goes on the outside of it. Doug
Old 05-15-2010, 09:51 AM
Jester966

Mine goes underneith, and was like that when it came out of the box.

I had the landing gear off for a repair and after I put it back on, I noticed it was more difficult to get the tab under it. The screws that hold the landing gear on were slightly overtightened, after fixing that the canopy slips through the gap again with ease.

Another cause could be that the ESC is pushing that part of the frame down. Unclip the zip ties and see if that helps - if it does, put new zip ties on but don't tighten them quite as much.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:39 PM
Doug47

Mine goes underneith, and was like that when it came out of the box.
Sorry, not trying to offend anyone.
The tab goes underneath.
Maybe someone had yours out of the box,substance abuse in the workplace, who knows ?
Page 32 and 33 of the owners manual (Pg 17 on a double sided PDF view) show it very clearly : http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo/Files/SRLR.pdf
Trying to put it under that piece makes it impossible to secure the two top/rear mounts without pulling the canopy 's nose up higher than intended, material at the tab,canopy junction would have to be cut away, etc.
Doug
Old 05-15-2010, 09:05 PM
Drumheller Dave

Yo...thanks guys.....I,ll try it again........could have sworn that it was under when I unpacked the baby....but....who knows....I have been flying it for two months now.......I only found out today watching a you tube video...that the hortizontal thingy by the tail was supposed to go horizontal.....been flying with it up and down

geeeeeesh
Old 05-15-2010, 11:55 PM
Jester966

Doug... I see the picture you're refering to and was surprised actually... I was about to admit defeat, but... I still don't belive it - the picture is wrong! lol
My canopy fits no problem with the tab through the gap. It is the same design as the B400, and my Belt CP pro.
There are at least a couple of spots in the SR video (8s, 25s...) that show the tab through the gap... anyway, it doesn't matter. It may be easier to just put it underneith, either way will work...

Sorry for derailing the thread... scale bodies for the SR? I hope they come out with some. When I stop crashing, I think I'll be putting the CP's UH-1 body on mine. I may even buy a second SR so that I can have one with the original canopy and one with the Huey fuse.

Old 05-16-2010, 03:06 AM
Doug47

I hope they come out with some. When I stop crashing, I think I'll be putting the CP's UH-1 body on mine. I may even buy a second SR so that I can have one with the original canopy and one with the Huey fuse
Knew there was a reason I liked your posts
A lot of same here. Especially that "when I stop crashing": thing.
My entire goal getting into CP helis was to be able to fly some fine companiy's Cobra , not 3D, but fast and low , make nose high approaches ending with a nice slide along the grass, just about whatever you 'd see a full-sixe attack helicopter do.
Even assuming I may not see a Cobra body for the SR i'll most likely want to go bigger anyway. Yet I think I'll get a second one too,if for nothing else this continuing spare parts drama>
So, what is it that drives us to keep flying (and yup, crashing) the SR ?
I guess we just love these crates for whatever reason.
There just isn't anyway n the world I see this becoming boring and routine, not in my case ! Doug
Old 05-18-2010, 12:02 AM
darthdrk

Quite a few of my micro fuselages can be made to fit the SR. There are people putting the SR inside of the Eflite UH-1 Huey but it was actually made for the Blade CP. Just checked out the SR dims and with a rotor dia of 552mm , its slightly bigger than the dia of the Blade CP and HBCP2 of 535mm. There really is no reason why the 300 size micro fuselages should not work.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:26 AM
sergeantstumpy

I put the huey body on my cp pro and loved it until it was caught by a stray gust of wind and the rotors destroyed the tailboom I was heart broken. I actually served as a crew chief on that same model of Huey when I was in the Iowa Army National Guard (before I joined the Marines active duty and was made a truck driver LOL) FYI It is a UH1 M (Mike model) Huey gunship (the predecessor to the cobra) most hueys you see in the war movies are Hmodels 2 window side door, or B model 1 window side door just like the Mike, The Mike had an upgraded engine and200 moreshaft hp than the B or C mods. The mike was identified by the M5 weapons subsystem consisting of two 1.75 inch rocket pods and 2m134 miniguns 7.62 caliber capable of firing 6000 rounds per min, (but due to malfunctions at that high rate offire they were usually dialed down tohalf speed (still soundedlike canvas ripping amplified 1000 times)the chopper would b e capable of holding 6000 rounds meaning approx 60 seconds firing time. The earlier models had rocket pods and 2 chain guns per side (basically 2 m60 machine guns. So if you fly one of those kits be proud She was the Cobra before there was a cobra and many a grunt has thanked the arrival on one of these machines overhead.

OK Soapbox/off

Stumpy
Old 06-23-2010, 01:41 PM
sparky69

Go to mia-micro flight they have some nice upgrades for the Blade SR , MSR , MCX-MCX2 and some other helis that arent E-Flite.