Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

CP Pro2 rant

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 10:50 PM
patryn
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CP Pro2 rant

I just need to take a moment to vent. I've had my B400 for a few months now. I've excelled immensely with it. First flips. First time I've felt really in control, even taking off and landing in 15+mph gusts. And most importantly, I've never wrecked it. I've flown leaps andbounds over my previous experiences and haven't had many OH **** moments. The only small issue iswhen I clipped a holly tree and broke the plastic wrapping on the stock blades. Justinstalled someweb special carbon fiber blades that were quite a bit thinner at the base, yet I didn't even have to touch the blade tracking. I was blown away. My CPP2 has been, without a doubt, the biggest pain in my ass. It's twitchy as hell in anything other than a dead calm. It's a PITA to work on.I just finally have it put back together and the tail rotor is going ape****. It just ramps up starts spinning the chopper like crazy. I kept trying for a bit and I finally was able to get it to respond to the radio input rather than on or off, but as soon as the power ramped up around takeoff speed, the tail rotor would spin up to full speed again. the2in1 is virtually brand new, so I'm guessing it's a tail motor issue. All I know is I'm pretty much done with it. I've dumped so much time and money trying to keep this thing in some sort of worthy flyablestate and all it's done is piss me off. I think I might be throwing in the towel this time.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:28 PM
rotarydoc

Default RE: CP Pro2 rant

patryn,

Well, hope you feel better now that you've vented!

I had a couple of these, and a CP PRO (1st generation) and yeah, they can sure be a handful at times....the motor driven tail sure leaves a lot to be desired...and yeah, the wind really takes them too.

I had pretty good luck with mine, I learned a LOT from the first one, with the gear driven tail, the tailmotor that lasts about 4 flights before it gets weak, and the glitchy 72 Mhz FM radio...[X(]...

I will say that flying them will keep you on your toes, especially compared to a belt or shaft driven tail heli....

I sold both of mine a few months ago...and can't say I miss them much...

Sorry yours is giving you fits...maybe time to put it on the shelf, or put it on eBay...

But don't expect much out of it on eBay!

The CPP2 just doesn't compare indoors to my Hirobo Quark...now there is a sweet flying motor driven tail heli....a motor driven tail done right!! (and the rest of the heli...but at a price...)

Glenn
Old 08-07-2010, 01:37 PM
rotarydoc

Oh, and I did forget one thing....

The old saying..."if you can fly a CP Pro, you can fly anything!" .....

I have found this to be quite true...lol...

Glenn
Old 08-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Jon DesJardins

CP pro is the hardest piece to fly... I could barely get mine correct, moved to a blade 400 and the CP was history, then to a TREX 500 and as you get the larger belt or torque tube tails they don't compare to the small motor driven tail heli's.

I bet the CP's go away in the next year...
Old 08-10-2010, 08:05 PM
patryn
My Feedback: (1)

The flying is a *****, yes. The rebuilding and the failures is the pain. I've decided I'm done spending money on it. I'm going to use the receiver to try and get the old school Kyosho up and running.