Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Wattage Ultimate finished!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 07:17 PM
flyinmagician

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wattage Ultimate finished!

I'm a gasser at heart but this little bird should produce a pretty good rush! Pjs 1000 brushless motor twistin a 10-6 prop powered by 3 cell lipolys at 2200 mah. Plane weighs in at 27 oz. and motor is supposed to produce 35 oz. thrust. Can you say straight up?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83196.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	95496  
Old 01-29-2004, 08:38 PM
vanman
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Wattage Ultimate finished!

If it flies half as good as my completely stock one, you will absolutely love it!!!!

I love mine and I can't even imagine a brushless in there. I am changing over to a li-po battery so that I can get my flight times up from 4-5 minutes..... This thing is an absolute hoot!
Old 01-29-2004, 09:17 PM
flyinmagician

I'll post maiden flight report when weather cooperates. I know i have instant throttle and lots of it!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84680.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	95517  
Old 02-04-2004, 06:03 PM
Simon Jones

Hi Guys.

Looking forward to that flight report.

We can get these over here now and Li Po's are just starting to creep in.

Would love a small and relatively inexpensive electric with vertical performance.

Have fun.

sj.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:22 AM
Ozprey

damm that looks good! i'm considering a wattage pitts with a little himax 400/480(from the model shop about $60 aussie dollars) size b/less and E-tech li-polys(www.modelcopter.com i get the stuff cheaper cause i know the guy who runs it! all prices in AUD ) but if modelcopter get the AXI's in i will get one of them. i want verical performace, as i intend to eventualy be able to participate in our club's big annual event: IMAC at IMAC(our club)
Old 02-23-2004, 06:50 AM
vanman

I absolutely love mine even with the stock cobalt motor. I am in the process of changing over to a Himax brushless motor. We are using these motors in our 3DX planes and are getting about 30-40 minutes of flight on a 3S1P 1700mah Li-Po. Would love to see the same in my Ultimate.

The plane is simply a beutiful flying machine! So far I have not seen any bad tendancies and I have flown it quite abit. It even glides in nice and smooth for landing with the motor shut off!!! I know some bipes will fall like a rock when "dead" but not this one!!!!

I will post my findings with the Himax and Li-Po's as well, course I am also waiting for the weather to break.....to much snow here in WI...... I am thinking of taking it over to the mall and flying it in the parking lot before they open though......

Bill
Old 02-23-2004, 11:47 PM
Ozprey

28 oz[:-]! wow! how'd you manage that? the quoted wieght is 30+[X(]. also nice to see someone else with a himax. i look forward to hearing report on how powerful it is and what performanec can be expected. the himax motors are the only ones i can almost afford!
Old 02-28-2004, 11:18 PM
vanman

Well after working a couple of hours tonight making a mount for the Himax brushless, I got it installed, hooked up with the Castle Creations speed controller and Kokam 1500mah Li-Po and put the whole thing back together and fired it up in the basement.

I ended up putting the 2025 series Himax in the plane because I was told by the hobby shop that they were geared to run a prop direct drive.....so first run with an 8x3.8 prop and the gearbox stripped right out of it........[:@]

I guess I am on my way back to the Hobby shop to hope they will stand behind what they told me and sold me and give me another........ If not I am out a $70 motor that will still spin but not turn the output shaft[]

I was hoping to fly it tomorrow too....we finally caught a break in the weather and see what happens??????

I will post more when I find out more

Bill
Old 02-29-2004, 11:57 PM
Ozprey

ahh nasty! i'm now thinking of puting one in a jup 400 (http://www.euromodels.com.au/jup400.htm). i'm gonna call into the model shop at some point today to get some new Rubber band for my wings, so i'll have a look at the motors and the pitts. hope yours flys well with the new Himaxx. By the way, does anyone know the address for the Himaxx webpage?
Old 03-01-2004, 06:18 AM
vanman

They are distributed by several places, Maxx Products is one of them.... they are at www.maxprod.com

Bill
Old 03-02-2004, 03:11 AM
Ozprey

Sorry Bill, but it's a dead link.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:09 AM
vanman

Sorry, I forgot one of the x's in the name.......[>:]

It should have been www.maxxprod.com

Hope this helps!
Old 03-08-2004, 12:24 AM
Boss248

Ha Vanman...did the LHS fix you up with a new g/b...and did you fly the bipe with the 2025??
Old 03-08-2004, 06:01 AM
vanman

They did take care of the motor......unfortunately by giving me a refund.....[]

I would much rather have had a new motor, but they didn't have one and didn't know when they would be getting any more.

It is sitting on the bench still taken apart, am going to try to get another motor via mail order but I want to find out if that is truly the correct motor for what I want it to do.....

Maxx Products doesn't specify what prop is correct for this motor, but it does say it replaces the Hacker L20 which will spin up to a 10x4 I believe. I tried a 10x4 (in the shop only) and it seemed to much so I went down to an 8x4 and that is when the gearbox stripped.

So I must unfortunately say that I still have not flown it with the brushless. In the eman time I am going to fly it with the stock cobalt motor and Li-Po pack and see how that does.

Bill
Old 12-17-2004, 12:33 AM
boosted180
My Feedback: (8)

you will NOT want to try your 1500mah 3 cell lipo with cobalt motor unless you want your battery fried. dont ask me how i know!

i know the ultimate has awesome performance on the 2025 motor but dont know what gearbox and prop to hook up to it. i've talked to the guys who fly them on this setup but forgot the specifics. i need to find out now b/c i just got an ultimate.

brian