Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Mini-Funtana Control Throws

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 11:10 PM
Hellcat716
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini-Funtana Control Throws

I lost my mini-funtana today on it's maiden flight. Did a range check that was satisfactory. The takeoff was good then the airplane became so sensitive it was uncontrolable. The airplane would not hold a level attitude. The cg was set according to the manual as were the control throws. The wing is in the aft position. I am wondering if the low rates are too much for this plane to cause this most sensitive feeling? The banking was the most sensitive as the plane wanted to bank either left or right. The pitch was not a problem. Just need to replace the fuselage as the rest of the plane is ok. I have set the expo to 50% on low rates. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I do not want to go through this on the next one.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:40 AM
GWR
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: Mini-Funtana Control Throws

Theere's another fellow on this board somewhere looking for a wing for his [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]Sell him your wing and get something better[sm=idea.gif]
Old 06-27-2005, 01:49 AM
3Dear

My mini Funtana was very pitch sensitive on the elevator during the maiden flight. I used the stock set up with the rear wing position and the low rate on E/A/R, CG was at 82mm. I had to dail in about -35% expo to the E/A.

Since you already have your expo at 50%, hopefully is negative expo (I use Hitec radio) to desensitize the control, you may try to use 50% dual rate to cut down the control surface.

After serveral flights, I moved the wings to the forward position and seemed to me she handles better. I had to cut a hole in the firewall to move the battery pack forward to get the CG at about 85mm.

Old 07-12-2005, 09:48 PM
JLITZ3

I have the mini funtana and I used the 370 brushless motor from eflight ,I also moved the wings forward and found that it was much more stable. I think the 400 brushless motor was a bit too much for it. The more I fly it I may try it again sometime but I am having fun with it just the way it is.........good luck and great flying.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:03 PM
Baker

I am doing the maiden flight on my MF tomorrow. One thing that I found the instruction not to be very clear on was this.

When you balance the plane should it be in the rear or forward wing setting or does it matter?
When you move the wing should you rebalance the plane?

I balanced the plane in the rear wing setting! I need to know, when I move it forward should I rebalance it?

What do you guys know about this?

Thanks
Baker
Old 07-17-2005, 03:05 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Baker...yes, re-balance it when you re-position the wing...
I've been flying mine for about 6 months now, and I'm gradually moving the C.G. aft.
I tried it with the wing in the rear position first, but I like the wing foreward much better.
I calculated the M.A.C. to be 1" outboard of the servo box, and I have mine balanced just behind the spar.
33% figures to be about 1/2" behind the spar, but I haven't gotten around to trying it there yet...

Mine's quite pitch sensitive at higher speeds, but when slowed down, it's a lot easier.
I don't like expo so don't use it. I have about 40 deg. of elev. deflection, so I just have to be careful, but I think it's a decent little airplane, now that I've given myself the chance to get used to it.

I'd say that you (or anybody else ) should be (relitively) safe balancing it at the spar, whether the wing is in the foreward or aft position, IMO.