Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes
Reload this Page >

E-Flite Mini Pulse XT Owner's Club

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

E-Flite Mini Pulse XT Owner's Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 01:41 PM
Cas 141

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Flite Mini Pulse XT Owner's Club

For those with Phoenix flight simulator- Help please.

I am learning to fly this plane and in the simulator i am using the katan electric, which i have edited to as near the mini Pulse as i can get!
I am having difficulty taking off with the real plane ,which has a lot of torque sending me left, as i throttle up.
I am trying to reproduce this on the Phoenix simulator, but the plane takes off quite straight.
Does anyone know which parameters to change in the "Edit aircarft" part of the simulator , to reproduce this veering left scenario?
Old 04-12-2008, 05:18 PM
derek2005

I love the MP, but I am wondering what other planes people have flown that are similar or better. I love how stable and easy to land this plane is while still being aerobatic enough to keep things interesting.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:31 PM
GoldKraft

ORIGINAL: derek2005

I love the MP, but I am wondering what other planes people have flown that are similar or better. I love how stable and easy to land this plane is while still being aerobatic enough to keep things interesting.
This may surprise you....but I just flew a friends Precision Arobatics Extra 260.....it has the stability and light flying ability that the MP does .....but it will do much ,much more including 3d. It is even easier to land than the MP. I liked it so much Im buying one this week. Its one plane that can fly pretty patterns like the MP or get real crazy like my MUS.....PLUS 3d. 48" wingspan(490 sq in.) and 33oz all up wieght....it dont get no better than that!
Old 04-12-2008, 07:42 PM
bertsirkin

ORIGINAL: GoldKraft
This may surprise you....but I just flew a friends Precision Arobatics Extra 260.....it has the stability and light flying ability that the MP does .....but it will do much ,much more including 3d. It is even easier to land than the MP. I liked it so much Im buying one this week. Its one plane that can fly pretty patterns like the MP or get real crazy like my MUS.....PLUS 3d. 48" wingspan(490 sq in.) and 33oz all up wieght....it dont get no better than that!
Funny you should mention this - it's something I'm very glad to hear. I have a PA Extra 260 that I just finished building last night. Unfortunately, I'm going away in a few days and won't be able to fly it for another week.

It's a very impressive plane. Carbon-fiber and balsa construction make it very light. The servo rods are even carbon fiber and the rudder linkage between the servo and rudder is a pull-pull kevlar cord - again, very light. You can see it at www.extra260.com.

I love my MP - I even have two - one with the PNP engine and one with the 480. The extra 260 seemed like the next progression for me from the MP.

Bert
www.photobert.com
Old 04-12-2008, 08:11 PM
GoldKraft

ORIGINAL: bertsirkin

I love my MP - I even have two - one with the PNP engine and one with the 480. The extra 260 seemed like the next progression for me from the MP.

Bert
www.photobert.com
My thoughts exactly....[8D]

fixed the link www.extra260.com
Old 04-12-2008, 08:38 PM
derek2005

Funny that you all say the same thing. After posting I went to atlanta hobby and saw the exact same plane and thought it looked awesome. I may just have to pick that one up.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:22 PM
Snoopyxupery

video this morning with a cam onboard Mini Pulse XT

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...44474714035897
Old 04-20-2008, 08:31 PM
derek2005

I have the PNP MP and I was wondering if anybody else that has the PNP upgraded the servos. Especially the Elevator and Rudder. It seems like the stock servos have trouble re-centering after use in either direction. They also seem slow and weak. I didn't expect them to be great, but now that I can fly decent, I am wanting better response.

What would a good choice of servos be. I don't need top of the line, but I would like something faster, stronger, and more accurate. I am still somewhat new to planes so I am not sure what servos are good in them. I prefer JR and HiTech equipment.

Thanks
Old 04-20-2008, 10:06 PM
altamash_rah

I have the PNP MP and I was wondering if anybody else that has the PNP upgraded the servos. Especially the Elevator and Rudder. It seems like the stock servos have trouble re-centering after use in either direction. They also seem slow and weak. I didn't expect them to be great, but now that I can fly decent, I am wanting better response.

What would a good choice of servos be. I don't need top of the line, but I would like something faster, stronger, and more accurate. I am still somewhat new to planes so I am not sure what servos are good in them. I prefer JR and HiTech equipment.

Thanks
the hitec hs55's are great for this plane, if you want super strong torque then go for the hs65's! Those things will roll your plane on a dime not to mention that they are carbonite gears!
Old 04-21-2008, 12:06 PM
GoldKraft

Thanks
As was mentioned the HS55 is a good choice. If you are flying off a non paved surface I would recommend at least a 65 for the rudder as the gears tend to take a beating on landings. I have a bluebird metal gear servo(373 I think) on the rudder....got tired of breaking gears. BP Hobbies carry the bluebirds.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:26 PM
derek2005

Thanks for the replies. I will probably go with the 65's. I would rather have the torque than find out I may have needed it when it is too late. I sure to like flying this plane. I am surprized with how easy inverted is. I can land it very smoothly now as well. What a great plane!
Old 04-22-2008, 11:45 PM
altamash_rah

Thanks for the replies. I will probably go with the 65's. I would rather have the torque than find out I may have needed it when it is too late. I sure to like flying this plane. I am surprized with how easy inverted is. I can land it very smoothly now as well. What a great plane!
you will not be dissappointed with the hs65's, the plane is a whole new beast with those servos,

just make sure you re-set all your dual rates and expos,

i didnt do that after switching over from the s75's and the hs65's rolled my plane wayyyyyyyyyyy too fast!
Old 04-23-2008, 06:41 AM
derek2005

Thanks for the tip! I'll be picking up my 65's on Thursday!

yesterday, I did my first cross wind landing! Not much of a crosswind, but enough to make me think twice about doing it. All went well. I just kept the wind side wing a bit lower. This is such a fun plane to fly. My favorite thing to do right now is to take it up with a bit of wind and dead stick up high to see how long I can keep it up and how slow I can fly it. Then I turn around do some aerobatics and repeat!

Happy Flying!
Old 04-24-2008, 11:32 AM
tyrick69

Would I be all right using the ParkZone 3S 1800mAh and 2200mAh batteries from the T-28 Trojan in the PNP version of this plane? I noticed that they are similar in size and weight to the recommended Thunder Power 2100mAh but the continuous discharge rate is slightly lower. Any guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I am relatively new to the hobby and have a HZ Super Cub and the ParkZone T-28 and I'm really interested in purchasing this plane. I'm just trying to save a little on batteries and I figured if I could use the 3 that I already have for the T-28, I might only have to purchase 1 more instead of 2 or 3. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:56 PM
jetboy11914

I don't see any reason why you would not be able to. I plan on doing the exact same thing, since I just got this bird. Just make sure you have all your connectors standardized.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:12 PM
tyrick69

Thanks for the response. I guess it's off to the hobby shop for me. By the way, does the ESC that comes with the PNP have the Eflite connectors like the T-28?
Old 04-24-2008, 01:34 PM
jetboy11914

Yes, I believe it does. I'm looking at the parts selection and it does have the EC3 connectors.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:21 PM
dbgood

Just purchased a e flite mini pulse pnp...When i opened up the box the speed controller was just danglin around and the 2 way velcro was not on anything,just on the speed controller...Does anyone who ownes one can tell me where the speed controller goes...On the box it looks like it goes up against the wall where the battery goes but i am not sure if i should put it there....Thanks..
Dan
Old 04-24-2008, 09:41 PM
woodbender

Does anyone who ownes one can tell me where the speed controller goes...
Dan, there's an open compartment just below the battery compartment. Perfect spot for the speed controler. It gets lots of cool air down there.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:19 PM
dbgood

Anyone know where the speedcontrol goes in the mini pulse xt....it shows on the box it came in is right on the side where the battery goes....Thanksss
Old 04-24-2008, 11:44 PM
dbgood

On my mini pulse when you put on the white spinner on and turn on the motor the spinner does rotate but kinda virabrates,so i am just wondering if i can use the the motor adapter and the silver propeller nut instead of the adapter and the white spinner cone..
Thanks,
Danny
Old 04-25-2008, 08:56 PM
GoldKraft

ORIGINAL: dbgood

On my mini pulse when you put on the white spinner on and turn on the motor the spinner does rotate but kinda virabrates,so i am just wondering if i can use the the motor adapter and the silver propeller nut instead of the adapter and the white spinner cone..
Thanks,
Danny

Yep....spinner is only for looks.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:09 AM
woodbender

i am just wondering if i can use the the motor adapter and the silver propeller nut instead of the adapter and the white spinner cone..
Personally, I like the look of the spinner. It takes a little modification to get it to actually fit. Look back in the thread for photos and info on how to get it on right.
Old 04-26-2008, 03:06 PM
BoysToys

I just got back from the maiden of my new Mini Pulse XT. I went with the ARF version and a Park 480 1020kv, Eflite 40A esc, APC 11/7 prop, 4 Hitec HS-55s, Ar6100, my trusty DX7, and used Flight Power Evo 25 3S 2170 packs. I also ditched the stock Eflite spinner and used a [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXRBA9]Great Planes 1-3/4 inch spinner[/link] with an APC prop. Everything came back in one piece and the plane flew Super. I flew three packs through it and had a blast. It only needed a couple of clicks of aileron trim and it flew straight and leve. I flew the entire first pack on low rates and then switched to high for the final two packs. The plane did everything I wanted it to like roll quickly, snap roll VERY quickly, fly inverted nicely, and most of all unlimited vertical! I was even able to pull of some very sad looking knife edge passes on the last pack. Overall the plane was not as fast as I had expected. I think my T-Rex 500 is actually as fast or faster than the MP with a 480 and 11/7 prop. All in all I give my new Eflie Mini Pulse XT a big .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26683.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	937457  
Old 04-26-2008, 03:16 PM
jetboy11914

BoysToys, how was your CG? I plan on pulling the exact same setup with a nearly identical battery.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.