Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes
Reload this Page >

Mini Funtana landing gear upgrade

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Mini Funtana landing gear upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 07:53 PM
wttiger42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Funtana landing gear upgrade

Where can i get an upgrade landing gear for a mini funtana?

I know you can get some aluminum gear for the mini katana, but im unable to find them.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:36 PM
hobbyncrafts

Default RE: Mini Funtana landing gear upgrade

I'm Ken of 'hobbyncrafts'. I've been making custom carbon fiber landing gear for approx. 10 yrs. I have a gear in stock that may fit the bill. Please contact me direct at [email protected] for details.
Old 12-24-2006, 05:14 PM
sb13
My Feedback: (52)

A stronger gear is not the entire answer here and I'll tell you why. I've built 3 of these and put stronger gear on 2 of them. The problem is if you have stronger gear the next weakest point will break trust me. Thats the balsa under the gear. You will rip out the belly of your plane with one hard landing. My friend came up with the perfect gear himself. This gear allows you to taxi, tack off and land fast with no problems and nothing, I repeat nothing will break period! I used it on my last Mini Funtana that I built and it's by far better than anything out there with no doubts. If you want more information respond to this. He does not have them for sale so that is not why I'm talking so highly of them but he might be willing to make you one if I ask him. I'm telling you all that this is the ticket!
Old 01-17-2008, 09:46 PM
lowwpassjr

what i did is strengthen the balsa gear mount and put 6/32 nylon screws so that they would break before the balsa did
Old 02-09-2008, 09:48 AM
GoldKraft

ORIGINAL: lowwpassjr

what i did is strengthen the balsa gear mount and put 6/32 nylon screws so that they would break before the balsa did
Only problem with that is if you use the wheel pants they will poke holes in the wing covering....to avoid this just take the pants off.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:23 AM
patnchris

What are you guys landing on?.......I have a Mini Funtana X that I've flown for almost a year. I use the stock steel mounting screws. The only mod's I've made was to put a bead of thick CA on the joints around the landing gear mounting and install the slightly larger wheels from the Mini Ultra Stik. I needed to cut away a little of the wheel pants to clear the larger wheel, but aside from that, everything is stock. I also used a thick CA bead on the joints of the motor mount and the battery tray area. I fly off grass at our club field or at a local soccer field, and probably have 100+ flights. I've never had a problem with the battery mount, motor mount or landing gear.....I KNOW DARNED WELL I'M NOT THAT GOOD!!!!.....Pat
Old 03-19-2008, 07:01 PM
jonnyjetprop
My Feedback: (3)

http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/detail.aspx?ID=542

John