Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

MUS first Flight

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 09:32 PM
divergoff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MUS first Flight

Any tips?^, besides don't crash
Old 12-30-2006, 10:19 PM
r/cmark42
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: MUS first Flight

say a little prayer [8D]
Old 12-30-2006, 10:26 PM
Fliprob17

Don't be afraid to give it some throttle. Get it off the ground and get some altitude. Then get use to it.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:48 PM
VictoryRoll-91

Good luck, use low rates, and DON"T OVER CONTROL IT! (Basically, your sticks should almost never hit the sides for the first few flights) Keep us posted!
Old 01-02-2007, 04:43 PM
divergoff

wilco, My brand new charger don't work so I need to call the company tomorrow and get it fixed so I can have a full battery to fly on
Old 01-06-2007, 08:01 AM
Doc Austin

ORIGINAL: divergoff

Any tips?^, besides don't crash
Lots of people put way too much aileron in the plpane and then complain 's too twitchy. Even what the manual calls for is too much. I run Hi Tech HS55 servos. I put the pushrod in the middle hole (second one) of both the control horn and servo arm. that's plenty fast enough, and I've got my low rate set at 75% of that. Even with the rate turned down, I can still get off three rolls in five seconds. If you can keep up with more than that, you're faster than me.

Also, replace the landing gear bolts with 440 nylon. Lots of guys are ripping the gear out of their sticks and taking the bottom of the airplane with it. If you use nylon, the bolts will just break and 99 times out of 100 the plane won't even get a scratch. The 100th time the gear will come back and take out the stab, but a replacement stab is $15 and a fuse is $40.

Make sure the battery is really secure. The Ultra can do some really violent maneuvers and you don't want it popping loose and sliding around.

Outside of that, don't get too confident too early. Take your time and sneak up on the limit. Lots of guys feel like Superman when they first fly an Ultra Stick because the plane is so confidence inspiring.....and then they stuff it into the ground. So......take your time and get a really good feel before you start pushing it hard.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:54 PM
divergoff

Well thanks for all the tips guys, I flew it for the first time last Friday. She flew great, I think it is easier to fly than my EFP-47. The first flight I just did a few takeoffs and landings. The second was on sunday and I did some mild aerobatics; Spins, snap rolls, standard rolls, and inside and outside loops. I love this plane!
Old 01-16-2007, 02:54 PM
VictoryRoll-91

Nice job! to tell you the truth, I assumed you had never flown before, and was expecting a link to the crash forums! Good thing you proved me wrong.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:28 PM
divergoff

Nope been flying R/C for a pretty short time, eight months or so. But I've been flying the real thing for several years