Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes
Reload this Page >

Great Planes Combat Spitfire GP/EP ARF

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Great Planes Combat Spitfire GP/EP ARF

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 08:58 PM
akz28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes Combat Spitfire GP/EP ARF

akaram,

thank you for the information and advice..............
Old 01-11-2009, 12:37 PM
akz28

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions about the build of this plane .

When glueing the engine mount for electric motor together, did you use epoxy? The instructions for not specify what glue to use so I assume just regular wood glue but is that strong enough?

Are the deflections for the ailerons and elevators OK? Seems like a pretty short throw, especially at low rates.

We have a grass runway with very short grass at one of our fields. Will this plane be able to take off on short grass. If yes, was anything special needed like larger wheels, or maybe even bend the stock landing gear further foward?

Thanks everyone
Old 01-12-2009, 12:19 AM
akaram

Akz, regarding the throws, they SHOULD be as advised, setting larger throws like what I did on the maiden, makes the plane very nervous and difficult to fly ! and yes they do look funny, make you wonder if this is enough but work great so stick to them.

As for taking off from grass I am sure you WILL have a problem, we are barely able to takeoff from tarmac, many times the plane tips on its nose when you just start the takeoff run, even with the wheels bent forward as much as possible. The elevator is not effective at all in keeping the plane's tail on the ground.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:48 AM
ozspit

Yeah, the throws in the manual are fine. The aileron throws seem small but give very rapid roll rate.