Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.
View Poll Results: A poll
Mini Ultra Stick
68.75%
Extra 260 3D
18.75%
Mini Showtime 4D
0%
Brio 10
12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

which e-flite plane?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 06:58 PM
wings 540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which e-flite plane?

hi everyone,
need help on deciding what plane to get. and the plane has to have TOUGH LANDING GEAR. on the last plane I had the gear sucked.

I have all the required electronics, just need a plane. please post your thoughts.

thanks
Old 04-05-2008, 07:15 PM
jrwilliams27

Default RE: which e-flite plane?

Of all the planes you listed, I think the Extra is the best performer. I would put about 1/8" of Gorilla glue on the landing gear plate and that should strengthen it just fine. It tracks extremely well, 3Ds great, and handles superbly. I hope this helps.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:56 PM
wings 540

anyone else?
Old 04-08-2008, 06:21 AM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: wings 540

anyone else?
Based on your parameters, I would choose the Mini Ultra Stick. The landing gear is strong, but you still have to reinforce the frame to make sure it does not tear up on rough landings. I used piece of plywood and added glue.

The alternative would be to use nylon bolts so that the landing gear comes off on rough landings without damaging the fuselage.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:19 AM
patnchris

This is like comparing apples to monkeys. The MUS is a sport plane. The Extra is designed for 3D. The Brio and Showtime are pattern flyers. All will fly well. Deciding which one depends on your flying style. All will require reinforcement of the landing gear area, if you expect rough landings or terrain. I own 2 Mini Ultra Stik, a Mini Pulse, 2 Mini FuntanaX, the Extra 260, Brio 10, and a new AT-6 Texan....I luv E-Flight planes...Pat
Old 04-11-2008, 07:58 AM
phillip4
My Feedback: (3)

What type& size of electronics do you have? What type of flying are you looking to do? I picked the Extra because my friend had one and loved it and it did fly nicely, he got a little to crazy with it and put into the runway. Not the planes fault. The Brio is a great flyer, a little heavy and needs to be flown fast and landed fast (not a floater). I guess you can't go wrong with e-flites they are nice but there are other options out there, Phil.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:45 PM
wings 540

I have an e-flite BYP YAK (my favorite), I used to have a fliton rogue 3d, and two small scratch built foamys. I like flying 3D but I want a sport plane that is a floater,and is stable. I want to be able to do some mild 3D manuvors, but not an all out 3D bird (I'm saving that job for the foamys) right now i'm cinda leaning toward the MUS. any advice is appreciated!

thanks
Old 04-14-2008, 07:46 PM
Eplane65
My Feedback: (16)

I have well over 100 flights on my Brio 10. The more I fly it, the better I like it. True that the landing gear won''t take a lot of beating, but that''s why you practice landings the most. The more you do it, the better you get.