Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes
Reload this Page >

something w/ flaps and retracts?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

something w/ flaps and retracts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 08:14 PM
divergoff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default something w/ flaps and retracts?

So I finally broke down and bought the new Dx6I 2.4 radio. I'm going to add flaps to my MUS but I really want something I can use all 6 channels on. Electric, MUS size or smaller, basically needs to be a relative parkflyer. You know how it is, when you get that craving to get a new plane. I was leaning toward http://hobby-lobby.com/spitfire.htm I know there are no flaps, but it wouldn't need them and I love the Spitfire, beautiful airplane. But I am totally open to suggestions, so bring them on!
Old 05-07-2008, 09:16 PM
normgoyer

Default RE: something w/ flaps and retracts?

Nice airplane but it is small and fabricated from foam, not the best setup for retracts and flaps. Norm
Old 05-09-2008, 12:40 AM
Cleared2Engage

GWS has some planes with retract options. They're all foam and great flyers. The retracts are so-so. The P-51 I know for a fact can be built w/ retracts. Not sure about the Spitfire.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:53 AM
GoldKraft

I know this is not the answer to your question but there is really no point in using seperate flaps on the MUS. You have a flaperon option that will
accomplish what you want without adding the extra servos which would require a BEC to be added as well. The only reason to add the flaps would be for crow function which requires 7 channels. I suppose you could do some elevator to flap mixing if that is what you are after....I actually tried the e to f and didnt care for it on mine.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:09 PM
divergoff

I'm not sure the 6i does flaperons or am I mistaken?? And no problem off topic is usually much more interesting than on topic
Old 05-09-2008, 09:11 PM
divergoff

Right and one other question, I just all the stuff in and wired it all up already. I was not using a bec exactly, not separate battery. I am using a 20 amp esc. Would you recommend a separate bec w/ it's own battery?