Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Wattage Live Wire

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 10:05 PM
S Couch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wattage Live Wire

Has anyone flown this plane, and can give me some pointers. Would like to try some 3-D, which this is supposed to be capable of. I haven't completed assembly, but should finish over the next few days.
Old 07-21-2003, 09:47 PM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

If you're looking to get into electric 3D, check out the Radical R/C Edge 540

The kit is $55

28" span <11 oz flying weight.

www.radicalRC.com
Old 07-21-2003, 10:45 PM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi

I never seen the Wattage live Wire, but most wattage planes seem to need a hop up motor to get off the ground.

try the Expert, itīs a nice flyer, EPP foam makes it very durable and lithiums calls for 20min flights

excause the low framerate
Expert EPP
Old 07-27-2003, 09:49 PM
outsideloop2

I have a live wire that I just bought this week. I've flown it all week end in the "bone stock" condition just to see what the plane is all about. It will hover for a short period with a freshly charged 800nmh. but not much after that. Knife edge is not as easy as wattage claims. it falls in KE after about 10 feet. It will however do amazing slow rolls and a "wall" and "parachute" that will amaze a 40% flier. I have also done pretty good flat spins inverted and upright with it. I without a doubt believe this is under-motored for 3d. Put a Hacker bl20 in the nose and watch out!! If you plan on using LiPo's you will have to modify the fuse to hold the flat cells near the cg . Mine has stripped two driven gears in the factory gearbox. for some reason the pinion backlash is too large and has taken out two gears! I'm a little pissed at that. There is no way to adjust that either. I'm definitely going brush less with this baby! It has amazing potential.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:11 AM
S Couch

Default Hacker Motors

It does fly great! But they need to do something about the motor. They know this motor is junk, but have done nothing about it, mine never completed one flight! I got a new motor from Radical R/C, and now it is dependable, but mine doesn't come close to hover, it does a nice descending knife edge. How do you get it to spin, mine doesn't seem to spin easily?

To convert to brushless, all that is needed is the motor and speed control?

Is this the correct motor? B20-26S + 4:1 Maxon Planetary Gearbox