Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

hobbyshop warehouse EDF planes

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

hobbyshop warehouse EDF planes

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 11:35 PM
fokker1960
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hobbyshop warehouse EDF planes

ATTENTION:I ordered a starmax F-4 phantom from chuck at hobbyshop warehouse in florida and paid the man $275 for a plane and shipping thru paypal.Since these people give you the idea that they are a warehouse(judging the sites name) you would think that receiving of the purchased goods would be a matter of days.WRONG!!!They actually have nothing in stock and order the planes as they get the order from the customer with an at least 2 to 3 month waiting period as a result,that is if you get your goods at all.As i said:i ordered a starmax F-4 phantom on april 15th for $275 with a promise the plane would be in my hands 2 to 3 weeks later.That changed to a month!Then i was told that the starmax company used the wrong foam and that it would take longer.Then i didnt hear from them anymore and requested a refund after 6 weeks(life is too short),which after telling me that i placed a special order and therefore a refund was not possible,was promised to me by chuck!!I waited and waited but no refund.After emailing back and forth i got the reply that chuck changed something in his paypal account and therefore he wouldnt be able to send money for a couple of days.I waited again.Nothing ofcourse.Then,after emailing,i got a new excuse,chuck has a diabetes problem and had no possibillity to send money(but was able to write emails)for a few days.In the meantime two months had passed which was beyond the 45 day period in which paypal guarantees a possible refund thru their organisation.Now it has been over 3 months that i placed the order and no plane and no money,which was a birthday present from my kids and family by the way,after being promised again my refund last friday. These people are nothing but short of con artists and ordering from them is a big mistake and a promise to you that a long waiting period is ahead of you if you get your goods at all.I am out of $275 and my birthday present.How these people can live with themselves?I dont know!!!Don,t order from them!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-17-2011, 02:34 AM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hobbyshop warehouse EDF planes

I cleaned up the rant a little for ya. Good warning! I'll watch out for them.

Do you have a link to the one your talking about There is a ton of Hobby Shop Warehouse's on Google search.
If it's this one they have a RCU customer support page http://hobbyshopwarehouse.com/Home_Page.html

RCU page http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_456/tt.htm

" ATTENTION:I ordered a Starmax F-4 phantom from chuck at Hobby Shop Warehouse in Florida and paid the man $275 for a plane and shipping thru paypal. Since these people give you the idea that they are a warehouse(judging the sites name) you would think that receiving of the purchased goods would be a matter of days, WRONG!!!
They actually have nothing in stock and order the planes as they get the order from the customer with an at least 2 to 3 month waiting period as a result,that is if you get your goods at all. As I said, I ordered a Starmax F-4 phantom on April 15th for $275 with a promise the plane would be in my hands 2 to 3 weeks later. That changed to a month!
Then I was told that the Starmax company used the wrong foam and that it would take longer. Then I didn’t hear from them anymore and requested a refund after 6 weeks(life is too short),which after telling me that I placed a special order and therefore a refund was not possible,was promised to me by chuck!!
I waited and waited but no refund. After emailing back and forth I got the reply that chuck changed something in his paypal account and therefore he wouldn't be able to send money for a couple of days. I waited again, nothing of course. Then,after emailing,I got a new excuse, chuck has a diabetes problem and had no possibility to send money(but was able to write emails)for a few days.
In the meantime two months had passed which was beyond the 45 day period in which paypal guarantees a possible refund thru their organization. Now it has been over 3 months that I placed the order and no plane and no money, which was a birthday present from my kids and family by the way,after being promised again my refund last Friday. These people are nothing but short of con artists and ordering from them is a big mistake and a promise to you that a long waiting period is ahead of you if you get your goods at all. I am out of $275 and my birthday present. How these people can live with themselves? I don’t know!!!Don't order from them!!!!!!!!!!!! "