Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

I Won This Plane At RCX Long Beach

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

I Won This Plane At RCX Long Beach

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 04:42 PM
arglmr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Won This Plane At RCX Long Beach

Hey everyone. SO today I was rcx long beach and was having a great time looking at all the new rc's and model planes. So after i was about done with everything I noticed a raffle going on for a grand prize. I headed over to fill out a paper and in 5 minutes the person was pulling out names. Lucky me was picked. So I didnt realize what i had won. He handed me a 4 ft box with this amazing plane on the cover I almost started to cry. Ive always wanted a plane. I own 2 rc nitro trucks but have always wanted to get into planes. So with my excitment headed over to hobby people to pick up some glue and start flying it. After speaking to them they told me I will need to spend $1753 for all the equipment i needed to fly. My jaw dropped. WHat i had won was a fan trainer 600 with the box reading full fiberglass fuselage and all these other great things. The guy at the store really liked the plane and wanted it. I really with i could have help with what i need to get into the airplane world. If not i guess i will have to sell it and buy something else. Anyone please help..

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12131.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	1756145   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44377.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	1756146   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm22858.jpg
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	1756147   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qk21614.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	1756148   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ep84283.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	1756149   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ul79079.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	1756150   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zb60670.jpg
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	1756151   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vu70233.jpg
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	1756152  

Old 05-01-2012, 10:28 AM
SilverState RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I Won This Plane At RCX Long Beach

I dont know if your gonna need an additional $1700 to get it flying. You will definately need a min of a 4 channel TX RX system in either FM or 2.4ghz. You can get a reasonably priced one from Futaba or any other major name for at or about $180, you'll probably need 6-8 servos for the flight control surfaces and nose wheel steering. Depending on what you get should be at or about $160 for all of them. It looks like it comes with the EDF unit, but you'll need purchase motor for it. Thats gonna be about $100. You'll need an ESC to run your electrics, that will probably be another $100-$200. But the big killer will be your battery packs. With that large of an EDF its likely that you will require a 22.2 volt battery set up, and they arent cheap. Im going to guess and say that they will be close to $100-$150 each depending on what you get, and how many. And a battery charger which will run you depending on what you get an additional $60-$150

So lets do some math.

Radio, $180
Servos $160
Motor $100
ESC $200
Battery $150
Battery charger $100

Total=$890

Now bear in mind that I figured high on most of the stuff that will be required to get you into the air. If you shop around you can find better deals. Im all for using the local hobby shops in town but they dont always have the best deals. So I would highly recommend using your google search to find your stuff that you will need. Id be willing to bet that if you shopped around you could get my $890 estimate down to probably $500-$600. Maybe even less than that.

Dont qive up if your truly interested in getting into flying. Just like your cars it adds up.