Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Incidence

Old 09-09-2003, 02:24 PM
Razor_Sharp
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Incidence

Unfortunately, I selected the wrong model on my transmitter the other day. My Yard Bee paid the ultimate price. The wing and tail section did survive, so I want to make a Stik style plane with the remains. My question is what incidences should I use for the motor, wing and stabilizer? I was thinking -2 on the motor and 0 for the other two. The wing is flat bottomed. The motor is a speed 400. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gregg
Old 09-10-2003, 05:17 PM
imsofaman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Incidence

I would say you are pretty much on track. With a flat bottom wing, you will get lift for sure. Maybe you could leave the motor also at 0 degrees for the first flight or so, while in flight....look for the usual tendancies like "ballooning" or lift up only when you apply throttle. If this happens, then I would start adding down thrust. Also look for the model vearing to left when applying throttle.....if this occurs.....add right thrust. Usually the corser pitch prop used, the more right thrust you will need. With no ailerons....right thrust is advisable. I have an elelctric Lazy Bee that has a very exagerated right thrust, but I am using a huge prop with a corse pitch. It makes a big difference.

If you look on Ebay.....I am selling my Yard Bee fully set up for flight. It really rips! All you need is a radio reciever and batty pack. Mine is set up for gear speed 400, 20 amp ESC, 9X6 APC prop, servos and rods mounted. Just do a search for Yard Bee on Ebay.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nk27966.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	60466   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up46585.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	60467   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd82998.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	60.8 KB