Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

After binding everything works except engine

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

After binding everything works except engine

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 05:54 PM
PDF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After binding everything works except engine

Hello all,
I have a eflite 300 extra 32e. I just binded it to my Spectrum DX7s and all the control surfaces work correct except the motor. The motor will turn on just past idle then anything over that there is no motor response (no rpm's) Is there anything in the radio that I'm not programming? this is my first electic. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Pat
Old 05-17-2013, 06:24 AM
Gohmer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: After binding everything works except engine

Make sure your battery is fully charged
Old 05-17-2013, 07:31 AM
krzy4rc
My Feedback: (2)

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Your ESC is not calibrated. Most just require unplugging the battery on your plane, raising throttle to full on the Tx and re-connecting the battery on speed controller. Please have a friend help and secure the plane just in case.

Once everything stops beeping, reduce the throttle to zero and you should be set. I usually unplug battery and turn off transmitter and restart everything at this point.

Should work after that.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:58 AM
PDF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello and thanks for the replies,
I bought this plane used and it didn't come with any manuals (which I didn"t state prior). Before I purchased it I saw the engine and control surfaces work and the battery was a 4S. After hours of trying everything and tips from here I called Horizon Hobby. I spoke with a tech named Andy and told him the situation, he asked what type of battery and I told him the 4S. He asked if he could listen to the start up audible tones and I went to the basement with the phone and he listened. By listening he said that the ESC was set for 6S batteries and took me thru the process of changing it to 4S and that was it. I knew for a fact that the previous owner was running 4S and I saw the battery. I asked how this happened and he stated it's very rare that something like this could happen. Lesson here learned for me here, when buying a used plane get the manuals (he didn"t have them) or download them. I hope this lesson for me could help someone in the future. And also a thanks to Andy of Horizon Hobby who isoloated the problem and corrected it in five minutes.
Pat