Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Battery

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 05:29 AM
Paulino01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery

Hi to all,
I´m experiencing a problem, I bought a 11,1 V 1300 mA Li-Po battery, the battery worked fine, but when the battery went low on voltage i charged it , but the charger charged 15 V in to the battery and now ti connected the battery to the receiver and nothing happens! what can it be?! Must i bind the receiver with the transmitter, or what can i do. Only to try i connect 6 V to the receiver and the servos worked, less the engine. Should i bind the Tx with the Rx. again or what can i do?!
Greatings to all,
Paulino Alves
Old 07-23-2013, 05:59 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: Battery

If the radio works, rebinding wont help.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:38 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Measure the voltage of the LiPo pack either with an external meter or with the charger and make sure the pack is charged...voltage above 11.5 volts.  If so then the speed control ESC is not providing 4.8 or 6.0 volts to the receiver  provided the ESC has a built in BEC (battery eliminator circuit). If not then it must have an external BEC to provide regulated voltage to the receiver.
Did this set-up ever work for you? If so then I'd suspect the ESC and /or the connections. If the ESC has a built-in BEC the it sends voltage down the red lead of the throttle plug to the receiver.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:09 PM
Paulino01

Greatings and thank´s, chinese material is what we now, it´s junk. the battey is damage, i bought a cheap li-po and know i must pay for a knew one.
Thank´s once more, and to those who reply to my "battery problem" question. Stay well,
Paulino
Old 07-24-2013, 12:55 AM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like the charger did in the battery. I had this happen with one of the RTF helicopters that included the charger..
Another battery and a reliable charger seem to be in your future.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:50 AM
Paulino01

Hi Brian, Chuckk2, and all that reply to my battery problem, thank´s to all,
 I manage to repair the battery, i open it and one connection was broken, i weld  the broken connection and  now the battery work´s as it was knew. The battery wasn't  expensive, but for me that i´m unemployed was, because i´m almost broke and i´ll only restart to work in winter. I know a little bit of electronic´s and i repair almost  all of my electronic stuff , and do some electronic gadget´s. Once again thank´s to all, and stay well,
     Paulino