Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Heli pilot's 1st plane

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 06:43 PM
jcjrogers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heli pilot's 1st plane

I've been flying helis for a little over a year (MCPX v2 and 120 SR). I'm looking at joining a club with an airfield and want to step-up to a 450 flybarless heli in the next 6 months or so. An airfield isn't a necessity with an MCPX and will probably never be calm enough to fly my 120 SR. Not only can I fly these helis in my front yard, there is a field in a park just a few miles away.

I'm looking for something to fly at the airfield while I'm improving my heli piloting skills and building my 450. I've always been interested in planes, and probably would have started with planes, but I didn't have anywhere to fly. I'm handicapped and do all of my flying from an electric scooter. Therefore, I don't want anything that is too large or heavy because it would be difficult to move around. I figure a 4' wingspan is about the max I would want to start with, and preferably a little shorter. I would like something that can tolerate a little wind as I already have something that is near unflyable in any wind. I also want something fun and not too easy. Sport flying is more important to me than 3-D... rolls, loops, etc. are great, but I don't feel overly compelled to fly around inverted. I've flown several planes on my simulator (Clearview) and other than some of the jets, they are all pretty easy to fly. I realize it is just a simulator, but if a simulator plane is as close to a real plane as a simulator heli is to a real heli, I don't see much problem in flying a beginner-intermediate plane. I've got a DX6i radio so don't need RTF. I really don't want to spend more than $300. Less is better as this is really just something that is biding my time until I start flying my 450. I'm sure I'll continue to fly the plane after that, but will be focusing more on the 450 heli.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:22 AM
subzJC

Default RE: Heli pilot's 1st plane

http://memphis.craigslist.org/tag/3819267259.html

call this guy and see if he still has them, there are two great beginner planes
already setup, and if you have a spectrum radio that is a major bonus.
It looks like its about 1 hour drive from you.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:31 AM
subzJC

For those of you who didnt get to see the ad the airplanes were a supercub
and a slow stick all setup with spectrum receivers. The slowstick even had
lights on it. They looked to be in very good condition and the guy was asking
$150 for both. if you wanted the same lame responses to this same question
that has been asked on every airplane forum over and over and over then next
time just try reading the previous posts on this matter that have been played
out over and over. I know that you read my response because I saw you in this
room 2 minutes after I posted it. Have fun with you helios