Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

weight

Old 09-21-2013, 08:29 AM
Paulino01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weight

Hi to all,
I´m rookie on radio control planes, only on rc combustion engine cars, i´m building my first plane. It´s a kind of Fockker a german WWII plane. I´m using a Emax CF2822 Outruner, i´m finishing it and it weight´s a little more that 0,500Kgms. Can anybody here tell what it´s the maximum weight with this type of electric engine?!
Sorry for the english because i´m from Portugal, greetings to all, and stay or bee cool);-))),
Paulino

p.s. If there was here someone from Portugal it will be cool ):-)
Old 09-22-2013, 06:58 AM
Paulino01

hi to all, and by the way, thank´s for the help replying to my question, & Good bless you.):-)))))
Old 09-24-2013, 04:41 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Well your English is better then my Spanish. As for your question, need a little more info. Such as the motor specs, (KV, amps, etc) what cell count and size you want to use, what prop, and so on. Also If I'm reading it right, you say it weighs 500 kilograms? Or is that supposed to be 500 grams?
Old 09-26-2013, 01:52 PM
Paulino01

Hi Glacier Girl.
I think you didn´t like something i said, i know that i didn´t said nothing that might disrespect you. But if you think i did, i´m truly sorry that you understanded wrong what i might have said. Stay well.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:07 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

oh heavens no. No problem here.
I was commenting on how good your English is. As to my question, to tell you what the motor can carry, weight wise, we would need the previous items I asked about, to give you an idea.
Each thing, like cell count, and say prop size will influence the motor's capabilities.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:48 AM
Dr Kiwi

Sorry I can't find you a link in Portuguese, but here is reliable information on the motor you have... it should have no trouble at all providing enough power for a 500g aircraft. http://www.headsuphobby.com/Emax-CF2...otor-E-510.htm

On 3 cells it can get you as much as 700g thrust... well over a 1:1 thrust to weight ratio.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:01 AM
Paulino01

Thanks doc ):-)), "by the book", they say for a good performance that the plane should have 500 grams, but i think the extra weight, that isnt to much, want be a problem. the problem is that, it doesn´t the bad wether here, to try it. Thank´s for the tip man, i´m going to see the link that you write. have a cool weekend, and stay well