Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

buyers, please be aware of shady business practices...

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

buyers, please be aware of shady business practices...

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 06:18 PM
millermonsterair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buyers, please be aware of shady business practices...

i have done my homework on as many companies as i can. my goal is to ultimately try and help my fellow pilots get the most bang for their buck. i live on a very tight budget and have to make sure that i dont get the run around from bad companies. as i would hope that everybody else feels this way.....
when we start talking about bad companies, two of them really stick out... Banana Hobby and NitroPlanes. here is the thing... when you go to their website, it looks like a good deal on the product. however when you factor in shipping costs and the poor quality product, you might want to reconsider buying from these two companies. there are several relatively newer companies that should be looked at as a source for foamies. i have to suggest www.motionrc.com or www.diamondhobby.com these, after my extensive research have provided the best results. they provide a good product at a great overall cost. they also provide some of the best customer service and product support within the industry (in the USA). i have done a couple of videos going into a little detail about the two really bad companies. one of which is Banana Hobby. the other is NitroPlanes. HobbyKing is a close third in how bad they are, but i will be doing a video on them tomorrow.... please keep in mind that i am not trying to sound like i am bashing these companies. i have really done my homework and discovered a couple of things that make me feel like these are the two worst companies... but there are several other good companies on the market. Horizon Hobby is one of those. there is Tower Hobbies. there are a couple others, but i just want to give everyone a general idea for what good companies are supposed to be and what bad ones are.

Banana Hobby review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQiv1v_zFyo

NitroPlanes review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbubvlETGPI

Last edited by millermonsterair; 04-30-2014 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:52 PM
superchargedill

I second the nomination for Motion RC. Their products and customer service are second to none
Old 05-19-2014, 07:55 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Sounds like you had a problem with Banana Hobby and Nitro Planes. Sorry to hear that. I have never done business with either one so I can't support or refute your comments.

I would be interested to hear the specifics. Your video on BH made some very generic, unsupported statements. I am very aware that people come on the forums to support good companies and warn about bad ones but specifics is always best.

In one of the other sub forums on RCU someone slammed a company that is known to be an excellent company. The customers of this company started posting wonderful reviews of that company in the hope of repairing the damage this one bad thread could cause.

We will see if others agree with your or feel you have taken a shot at these companies unjustly.

Last edited by aeajr; 05-19-2014 at 07:59 PM.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:19 AM
Capt Jim
My Feedback: (168)

I have been ordering from MotionRc.com and I want to put in my very positive vote in for them. They provide fast efficient service...both before and after the sale. Their products are top quality and the prices are probably the best deal around.
For example, I needed another LiPo flight battery for an FMS plane I had purchased from them....so I placed my order just before lunch time...and they had it shipped before the end of the day. I didn't ask for special service...but they give it as their routine way of doing business. And they are knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the hobby. Really a great bunch of guys.
Thanks MotionRC.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:48 AM
Certifiable

Billings has three good LOCAL HOBBY SHOPS so I try to give my support to them. They are Heliproz, the largest RC Heli shop in the country. Central Hobbies, the largest Pattern RC shop in the country. Abell Hobby, a general RC hobby shop. I have shopped at all three and all three treat their customers right. Central Hobbies has the best selection of hardware and building supplies by far, which is getting more and more rare in these days of RTF, PNP and ARF models. All three shops has their areas of special interest, so between the three you can usually get what you want immediately without ordering online and get online pricing and Montana has no sales tax anyway. No need to order, but if you do, they will usually get you the item at the online price and usually save you the shipping cost if it's one of their normal suppliers they get regular shipments from.

If you are in the Billings, Montana, area then you don't have much need of online ordering.

Support your local hobby shop, if you have one, and they give good pricing and service. There are lots of things I have wanted but did not want after seeing them, and things I had not considered but bought after seeing them. Online shops do not give you that option.

As far as online shopping goes, ALL e RC has been the only one I used much as they were Hyperion dealers when others were not locally. Heliproz is now a Hyperion dealer and I check them first for anything Hyperion. No complaints against ALL eRC at all. They ship fast and the order is always correct. They are a closeout source for Hyperion, so I have gotten some really good Hyperion stuff at half price over the years.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:00 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have had wonderful experience with:

www.horizonhobby.com

www.towerhobies.com

www.alofthobbies.com

www.kennedycomposites.com

http://www.aircraft-world.com/

http://www.cstsales.com/

Not so great experience with