Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

which charger for LiPo's and NiCds and NiMhs

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

which charger for LiPo's and NiCds and NiMhs

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 03:28 PM
billinpa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default which charger for LiPo's and NiCds and NiMhs

To the electric guys please, what's a good not too expensive charger for our LiPo's? I decided to get the Tower P-51 40" almost ready to fly plane, includes motor, ESC, servos. I'm getting my list together and studying the terminology and techniques. Thank you for any and all tips!

Bill
Old 04-17-2015, 07:06 AM
ArcadeAir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Bill
I bought myself an IMAX B6AC charger from Ebay. I paid less than 40 bucks including the shipping. It does most types of batterys in different charge modes, like fast charge, charge, balance charge, and storage discharge and it is fully programmable for different battery. It can save your programmed setting so that you do not have to program it each time you use it. Mine works very well and is very accurate.

Heres the catch: This charger is a counterfit IMAX product. It is not built as heavy-duty as the real one and does not have the same quality control in it as the real one. There is a ton of information about this online.. use google and do a search on youtube for more info. I do not use a charge rate higher than 3 amps, so I figured I would give this thing a try.
I have been using it now for 4 weeks with no problems and quite frankly, for the money, I am going to say that it is a decent charger.

The "real" IMAX is manufactured under some different brand names too. Turnigy, for one, comes to mind. I think this charger can be purchased from Hobby King for about 60 bucks. I am going to buy this charger next and use them both.