Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Electric C-130 motors twerking??

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Electric C-130 motors twerking??

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 06:47 AM
schafe3624

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric C-130 motors twerking??

Hey!!

I have been working on a C-130 for several years now. I am at the point where I want to test the motors. When I power them up they all beep to indicate they are armed. When I raise the throttle they just twitch back and forth, never completing one revolution. I tested the motors before I installed them and they worked. Now that they are in the plane they won't.

I'm guessing the problem is with the wires I extended. I added about 18 to 24" of wire from the ESC to the motors. I also added about 12" of wire from the ESC to the battery. I'd say my soldering skills are good and I used a heavier wire gauge for the extensions. I doubt I have wiring/solder problems since all 4 motors do the same thing.

Before I cut things apart, I thought I'd seek help from those of you who are more experienced than I am.

Thanks
Old 05-13-2015, 10:06 AM
schafe3624

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good news! I'm an idiot. It did not pair up the motor wires correctly.

I designed this myself and used a 3D printer to make the parts. My original intent was to print the entire plane. I found out that plastic is way heavier than balsa. I now have a plane that uses 3D printed parts for complex shapes. I printed the ribs and bulkheads and vacuformed the nose. It is quite the hybrid. I'm afraid it will be too heavy to fly.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0785.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	524.5 KB
ID:	2095689