Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

anyone good at electronics?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 10:13 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone good at electronics?

Hello All,
I have a sketch of something I would like to build. It almost looks like one of the jetcraft from T3. it would consist of four ducted fans, two main and two smaller units on the tail in a V-shape. the tail would be slightly heavy so that the tail edfs could slow down to make the craft go backwards or speed up to go forwards, they would speedup and slowdown in unison with each other. The yaw would be accomplished by speeding up one of the tail edfs and slowing the other, due to the v arrangement the aircraft would turn. But thats the problem, I need a mixer that will allow both to speed up when I apply fore or aft control, but I need it to be able to slow one down and speed one up when I apply yaw control... the same thing for the roll control and throttle on the main units... anyone know of such a mixer or anyone who can make one? this would be a neat project and thats what is holding me back, well, besides money..... thanks for your help.

Brandon
Old 11-12-2003, 07:45 AM
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: anyone good at electronics?

I am pretty sure differential throttle control can be achieved with a computer radio.

You also might be able to do the same thing through the creative use of a simple elevon mixer that you can get from many sources. I know Wattage (from Hobby People) makes one, so does EMS Jomar, and I'm pretty sure Expert (from your local hobby shop/Horizon Hobby dealer) does as well.