Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Astro 05 Battery?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 11:38 AM
e_eves

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Astro 05 Battery?

Hello,

I’ve got an old Astro cobalt 05 motor that I’ll be putting in an electro streak. Wondering what batteries would be recommended for this setup. I’ll be running a direct drive set up on the machine.

I currently have a 3s 1200mah lithium pack and was thinking of running two of these in series to make 2400 mah total. Will this give me respectable run times?

What type of amps will this system pull?

Thanks for any advice!
Old 01-11-2004, 07:24 PM
jollyroger
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Astro 05 Battery?

The Astro 05 can be run up to 35 amps. I have flown my plans built Snickers w/ 2.38:1 gearbox at this current level with no problems. Use a good 7-8 cell pack. Somewhere in the 2400 to 3300 range. The new GP 3300 are the best yet according to Steve Neu. Good luck. jollyroger
Old 01-14-2004, 10:51 AM
jonnyjetprop
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Astro 05 Battery?

The current draw is a factor of the prop your using. Assuming a 7-4 or a 8-4 prop, your looking at 20 to 25 amp draw. Check it though. Your 3s pack puts out 11 volts, but what amp draw can it support? If your talking about etec 1200, its 7 amps. So you have to put 3 or four packs in parallel to support the current draw.

Hope this helps.

John Pursell