Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Wingo wing

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 12:46 PM
LongRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wingo wing

Unfortunately, my beautiful Wingo is in pieces. Fortunately, the wing is still good to go. Instead of buying another Wingo fuselage, I was thinking of building a low wing airframe for the wing. According to the Wingo specs, the wing has a 43†span and the area is 400 sq in. With this information, how can I determine what size airframe I need to build for the wing?

DML
Old 03-30-2004, 03:05 PM
Jerry Ledford
My Feedback: (15)

Default RE: Wingo wing

Go to www.quantummodels.com scroll down to aircraft fuselages.the foam soar star fuselage is a great replacement for the wingo and only $15.00. I like it better.More room and stronger. Jerry
Old 03-31-2004, 10:44 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

If you're really enthusiastic about building your own fuselage, the TLAR engineering method is an option. TLAR stands for, "that looks about right." Just design and build a fuselage that looks right on that wing. For a good starting point, use the Wingo's fuselage to determine how long the tail should be and how much the fuselage can weigh. If you're building it as a more conventional tractor-type, the nose moment (distance between the CG and the propeller) should be about 1/4 of the tail moment (distance between the CG and the tail of the aircraft).
Old 03-31-2004, 03:35 PM
LongRC

I am going to try the TLAR method. I’ve always wanted to get into scratch building and this is like an introduction. If I am unsuccessful, I can always buy the wing from quantum models. Thanks you Mr. Leadford and Mr. Kirsch.
Old 04-25-2004, 09:49 PM
iamyourgod

Kirsch, i just noticed your from Rochester. Lol, im from jsut outside buffalo. Hmm, jsut a random comment...