Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Looking for a good kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 01:46 PM
lwatson
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a good kit

I currently have 4 planes I fly:

AcroPhat
Unicorn Wing
Dandy Sport
SwitchBack 3D

So its time to build the next one. For this one I wanted it mostly a modeling experience, I have plenty of planes to fly. I would not mind building it from scratch, but definitely want a park flyer. Maybe convert a rubber plane to electric, or build one of the really old looking things like an Eindecker or Wright flyer.

I do want to be able to fly this, and land it in grass without tearing it up.

Suggestions?
Old 06-22-2004, 07:09 PM
scott88-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Looking for a good kit

I've had an idea about converting a House of Balsa rubber band glider to electric.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:10 PM
Mars Flyer

Default RE: Looking for a good kit

My first balsa build was a scratch build of the Gym Swallow
http://www.tdmsoftware.com/majewski/...f/swallow.html
It was much easier to build than I thought and it flies nicely. I even built a sport wing with ailerons so I could learn to fly full house. It is still very gentle and is great for small areas. It is not at all aerobatic but it looks like you have plenty of those hot planes already. If you want to slow the pace and build something out of parts you fabricate, you might enjoy it. It is very satisfying to build something from a few sheets of balsa, an arrow shaft (for the fuse), some piano wire, and some Reynolds wrap (although I used Solite for the wing and horiz stab). Pictures of my Swallow may be found at
http://www.knology.net/~suggs/planes..._RC_hanger.htm

Enjoy

Rob