Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Hobby People Micro Flyer?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 06:15 AM
jbflier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby People Micro Flyer?

This little unit looks like fun. The first order run is sold out, so does anyone have any comment or feedback? Thanks in advance..............
Old 09-17-2004, 07:44 AM
jbflier

Default RE: Hobby People Micro Flyer?

Ok, I did a search on this and it seems to be quite a hit....Does anyone know if it has different frequencies avaiable?..........
Old 09-17-2004, 01:42 PM
Spdrmnky

I dont think it does. All that my lhs had was 49. I picked up one for my girlfriend and one for myself this morning. I thied to fly it outside my work but the wind was too strong. Hopefully tonight I will try it in one of the meeting rooms here or fly it around my office whn most of the people are gone. It almost took off of the ground outside, but the wind knocked it over... Failed mission.
Old 09-19-2004, 01:26 PM
Waldo--Pepper

I tried to fly mine out front: 3 trees, a light pole and a mail box. Going to go to the field this pm and try it again. Mine flys in a left circle as it climbs. Still trying to pulse the button for right. Figure I'll get pretty high and that will give me some learning room.

Landing gear easily is bent back to shape (wonder how I know?)

Best direction: When the plane gets close to the ground let off all controls and the plane will land itself. Yea, just like a pine cone lands.

I built a seperate charger dock for the battery so I could use my 109 charger and not drain the trans batteries. I now have 5 batteries so I should be in the air for awhile.

let you know how it goes.

WP
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67478.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	174913  
Old 09-30-2004, 06:58 PM
adampsjol

There is also a 27 mHz model available.

The little plane has " over six minutes of flying time" but I consistently get flights of fifteen minutes or more, that is with the throttle on almost all of the time.

In addition, if the prop free-spins after a crash do not worry, just pull of the propeller/gearbox cover it is not glued on, watch out there is a small spring on the propeller shaft that you must not lose, push the drive gear back in, replace the propeller assembly and your micro flyer is a s good as new.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:55 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

My local hobby shop has about 10 of them in stock, when I go pick up my replacement receiver crystal (dont ask) I might pick one up.

The only thign that puzzles me is how do you controll the elevation? does it just climb on its own when throttle is applied?
Old 10-01-2004, 06:57 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

It's just like the popular 2-channel airplanes like the Firebird series. Throttle controls altitude.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:45 PM
alex k

so these little planes work pretty good?
Old 05-21-2006, 06:50 PM
Tommyr

ORIGINAL: jbflier

This little unit looks like fun. The first order run is sold out, so does anyone have any comment or feedback? Thanks in advance..............

Forget that POS and get the Aero Ace by Air hogs! You WILL LOVE IT! Seriously, the Micro flyer STINKS. Spend the $30 on the Aero Ace, you will thank me later!

Tom

Old 05-21-2006, 06:50 PM
vtwinguy
My Feedback: (3)

I had one for about a year and half and it flew really well. It was great to fly in real tight places. I recently had to dump it because the motor came apart for the umtenth time ( the place I was flying, had overhead wires going right through the middle and I hit them many times) and couldn't be repaired. I never did put the gear on mine. I'm going to get another one.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:14 AM
SS2P

Hello,

I have flown both rookie and micro flyer. Rookie flies WAY better and it even glides quite well.

Paul
Old 03-19-2007, 02:45 AM
Heli007

I agree with tommyr get a aero ace