Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Hobbl-Lobby's ThreeDee 400 C.G.

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Hobbl-Lobby's ThreeDee 400 C.G.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 05:03 PM
Wayne Thomason

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbl-Lobby's ThreeDee 400 C.G.

I bought a used Hobby-Lobby's ThreeDee 400, without gear. It needs a very little work to improve it's
looks. I am putting a NIPPY 400 on it and I will use 2100mah/11.1v L-Poly battery. I think this will make
a good flyer. This is my first with L-Poly batterys, so I have alot to learn and I hope I did allright buying
a good used TRITON charger. I know I could work it out, but someone sure could save me some time
if I got some help with the correct C.G. for this model. Thanks for the help. Wayne Thomason
Old 12-14-2004, 12:33 PM
Epoxy Cup

Default RE: Hobbl-Lobby's ThreeDee 400 C.G.

Wayne

Just finished my Hobby Lobby threedee today. So have not flown it yet and its raining and windy so I probably can forget it. Anyway CG ,I have the book here, is 65 - 70mm back from leading edge.
I am using a Nippy 1812/100 with a Jeti 18 controller, and Kokum 1500 3s lithium. I was able to balance without additional weight. They do not give throws but I read someplace that they are a bit touchy so I set up my radio for dual rates[8D]. My low look pretty mild trainer like throws and my max are all I can get. I gave the 30% expo and will call it good. Let me know how your maiden flight goes. Good Luck!
Old 12-16-2004, 10:56 PM
Epoxy Cup

Default RE: Hobbl-Lobby's ThreeDee 400 C.G.

Wayne

Maidened the threedee yesterday. Flew really nice[8D]. I was glad I put in the expo as the ailerones were a bit sensative. More about that in a minute.
Got to the field and discovered I forgot my batteries. I did have the one on the plane I set up the radio with, so figured a couple of short flights were OK just to see it fly. Down the runway and lift off in about 15'. All of a sudden it is very sensative side to side so I make doubly sure the ailerons are on low rate. It smooths out and climbing like a rocket. Soon is at altitude I generally fly my slimmers at. Turns are nice and smooth, I am starting to like this. I try a roll, and this is odd, it is very slow. After the take off I expected it to roll like a blender gone mad. Oh! one other thing balloned up on take off, and I ended up with my trim almost full down for level flight. This looks like just a slight maybe 1/16" down on the elevator from the stab.
Lined up for land and the approach was good. Nice descent and solid, needed a little power back on just before settling in, an easy plane to land. This could become one of my favorite e-power planes.
Gettinge ready to pack up and discover I only had two rubber bands on the wing from when I was setting up the radio[]. Thats not all, you know the little trays you screw your servos to, and then are suppossed to glue them in the servo bay? Nope I just set them in place and forgot to go back and glue them in their final position. Lucky hey cant move arouns to much in their anyway but just the same[>:].
Anyway good luck with yours I really like this little bird. A LOT!

Current E-power fleet

Flashcat Acro MPJ brushless
GWS SlowStick Stock (with night lighting sys.) & Floats
GWS Beaver Stock
Tiny X PJS Brushless
Tribute Brushless
ThreeDee Brushless
Mini Speedwing Stock
Zagi Stock