Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

HOBBY-LOBBY..responds appropriately!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

HOBBY-LOBBY..responds appropriately!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 11:37 AM
rjinvestr
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOBBY-LOBBY..responds appropriately!

This morning I found a very comparable situation to the Great Planes "Firebat"...
On R/c Universe a pop-up screen of a Bob Parks "SORTAKOI SU-27" caught my eye...so I clicked on the link to the distributor Hobby-Lobby. WHAT A GREAT LOOKING BIRD!
As I read the info I realized the exact same situation existed as with the Firebat, but a totally different response from the distributor HOBBY LOBBY...I quote:
"The original object was to design a Speed 400 parkflyer that looks and flies like a jet but lands at slow speeds and flies in confined areas.
It didn’t turn out that way. We flew this with a Speed 400 and it did not climb well enough. The Speed 400 put about 50 watts to the prop. But, the Jeti “Phasor” 15/3 puts about 200 watts to the prop." From there they go on to give the results.
This company received the plane... did it's homework before selling it...admitted it wasn't up to par... identified a problem and fixed it. No victims! I'll just bet Hobby Lobby will not hear from the disappointed, dillusional, "SCHLUBS"
Old 08-30-2002, 01:35 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Exactly.
Old 08-30-2002, 05:36 PM
larryflew
My Feedback: (13)

I think the HL guys use most of what they sell. They have upgrade suggestions in their catalogs that are right on the mark and their tech support guys are fantastic. This coming from someone who has never bought from them directly but has had to deal with them on 5 different HL items purchased from individuals here and ebay. They gave me the best service I have gotten from any catalog or online company. Horizon running close second help wise.
Old 08-30-2002, 11:25 PM
rjinvestr
My Feedback: (1)

Larry...I'm glad you mentioned Horizon. They should be commended for their service, and their tech support has been fantastic.
I'm reminded me of a situation I had when the Hangar 9 Cap first came out a few years ago. The original version had a weak firewall. I remember they acknowledged the problem, responded quickly and shipped new product to the hobby shops.
It did not take months, they did not continue to sell an inferior product, and most importantly they did not argue with their customers. They simply fixed the problem and moved on!
I had a problem with a Saito 180 which could possibly have been my error. When I originally called, I expected it to cost me money...but those guys replaced my engine without question. I continue to buy Horizon products when I have a choice...it's their support of me that deserves my support of them. By the way...I fly with a JR-10X...wow what a Radio!
Old 09-01-2002, 01:14 AM
BillBo
My Feedback: (6)

Default Hobby Lobby

My first dealing with Hobby Lobby was a few weeks ago. I used their "price match" policy on a speed control that someone else had for less. They beat the price by 10%! The order came quickly and well packed. I will buy from them again.

Billbo
Old 09-02-2002, 12:54 PM
ec121
My Feedback: (2)

A friend went to a glider contest in Huntsville, AL and Hobby Lobby showed up from Nashville, TN(100mi away) with a trailer full of their electric planes and flew them all for the people to see. That kind of demonstration would allow you to decide whether their products were good or not. I have had their Terry electric and it flew alright. It was better with a larger battery, though.