Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Your recomendation

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 09:41 AM
freebelle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your recomendation

Hello: I am relatively new to electric airplanes and I have a question. I have a Zagi XS with the furnished 400 pusher motor and two of their NiMh 1800 mAH battery packs. This plane just has not worked out for me and I would like to know of a plane I could put the motor, battery, and my flight pack into that would be more user friendly. The airborne flight pack consists of a HiTec Electron 6 receiver and two HS-81MG servos. Thank you all in advance for any suggestions you have. The Zagi is just not for me.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:06 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Your recomendation

How exactly isn't the Zagi working out? Maybe we can fix the problem rather than give up on the plane.

This is the Zagi with the cheap can motor, not the brushless version, right?

If you're looking for something slower, take a look at the GWS Slow Stick. It comes with its own motor, but everything else is usable.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:38 PM
freebelle

Thanks for your input. The Zagi just does not fly well for me. It may be too heavy but I do not know for sure. I have moved the CG around and to no avail. I have not had any real good flights with it and just want something that is nicer to fly. My Zagi does have the stock can motor and as of right now I am not ready to spring for a brushless. I really would like a plane that I can put everything I have into and use the Zagi for wall decoration. Thanks again for your input.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:09 PM
lwatson
My Feedback: (2)

If you want a better flying wing go with the Unicorn. Your equipment will fit, but may need a bigger battery. If you want to switch to an airplane go with the GWS Slow Stick like Matt said.