Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

**Help!** Transmitter Problem? or Receiver?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

**Help!** Transmitter Problem? or Receiver?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 02:19 PM
dickyharris8925

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **Help!** Transmitter Problem? or Receiver?

Heya,

1st post on here, so hope u guys can help.

Right jst got myself a Electric Twinstar, I've built it all up, and all ready to fly. Attached all the electrics to the plane, and tested the motors with my transmitter. Now heres the weird bit, I cant seem to get full power with this transmitter and reciever. the motors will turn faster if i stick the battery straight on to the motor connection. i cant seem to work it out. Have fiddled with all the dials at the bottom of the transmitter and still cant get full power. I have a Hitec Laser 6 35Mhz (UK)Transmitter and a Hitec HFS-04MI+ Reciever.

Also the throttle control only seems to kick in from half way upwards if u get me? there is no power from the bottem half of the lever. Weird i no.

I have tried another transmitter and reciever on a Different Frequence band, 27mhz, too see if it worked ok and it did, full power i got.

Any Help would be great,

Cheers,

Rich (pulling his hair out over here in the UK)
Old 03-31-2005, 03:39 PM
jooNorway

Default RE: **Help!** Transmitter Problem? or Receiver?

Can you check the ATV or max throw of your transmitter at the motor-stick-setting? Not sure about Hitec... but I know that 100% throw is NOT 100% throw from brand to brand. I use only MPX, and max is at 110%. Some other brands have max at 150% and so on. But Hitex TX to Hitex RX should work good IF ATV is not reduced.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:56 AM
dickyharris8925

It is possible to change the ATV settings, but that is on the Ailerons and Elevtor, but its called EPA for the throttle, i hav played with those and still cant seem to get it goin. will try again later on. But i still cant work it out. Not sure if there is a problem wiv the Transmitter or somthin.

Thanks again,

Rich
Old 04-01-2005, 11:13 AM
LSF2298
My Feedback: (4)

What ESC are you using?
Old 04-02-2005, 02:29 PM
flying_for_jesus

when i had that problem, i discovered the my throttle trim was't set high enough
Old 04-02-2005, 08:13 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Probably not a problem with anything, as in nothing's technically "broken." More than likely, just a miscommunication or incompatibility between the components.

If you aren't already, ALWAYS turn your transmitter on first. Most ESCs auto-sense the throttle endpoints.

Oh, EPA and ATV are essentially the same thing. There's some fancy technical explanation of why they're different, but to the end user, they both control the maximum travel of the servos in each direction. Make sure they're at 100% by adjusting the potentiometers (laser's a non-computer radio, right?
Old 04-03-2005, 04:12 PM
dickyharris8925

Hey, thanks for the replys!

looks like ive sorted what i had been doin wrong. it was what 'jooNorway' Said, 100% on the dials, arent 100% throttle, which i thought was rather weird? But now its givin me full power, and also i hav power through out the whole stick movement. Yay

Thanks for all ur help guys!!

Cheers Rich,

P.S. flew my twinstar 2day, i let a m8 take it up first time to trim it out, and within 20secs i had the controls, its great to be able to fly again! yay! but i didnt break the nose off in the end comin down, but its a quick repair and i will be back out again soon