Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

gws corsair electrics problem

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

gws corsair electrics problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 12:50 PM
philg2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gws corsair electrics problem

I have recently bought a gws corsair complete with the motor, and i bought the battery, servos, reciever and speed controller separatly. I am using a futaba 6EXA radio, and the same crystals from my other plane in a jeti micro reciever. I find that when i connect the Nimh 8.4v 1050ma battery pack to the circuit, the speed controller (ripmax 12) gets very hot. the micro servos that i am using (hs 55's) are not responding to the radio, and i have no controll over the speed of the motor, but the motor does run.
Does anyone know if i am doing anything wrong, or if i am using the wrong equipment?
This is my first electric aircraft so any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 05-02-2005, 12:55 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: gws corsair electrics problem

Do you have your battery connected to your speed controller plugged into the throttle chanel?
Old 05-02-2005, 01:59 PM
philg2005

yes, the battery is connected to the speed controller, and the speed controller is plugged into channel 3 in the reciever. Is it ok to use a 6 channel radio on a 4 channel reciever? and is the heat coming of the speed controller normal?
Old 05-03-2005, 03:11 AM
philg2005

I have it running ok now, turns out one of the wires was the wrong way round! But now the motor wont run steady, it will spin for a second, then stop, and it wont reach its peak rpm - I think this is because the battery isnt fully charged but how would i go about charging a nimh battery with a BEC plug on the end?
Old 05-03-2005, 08:09 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

You're lucky, or maybe not. Hooking up the wires the wrong way 'round generally causes the ESC to burn out. The erratic behaviour could be the result of a dead battery, or a burned out ESC.

To charge the battery, you'll need a peak detect battery charger, and a charge lead with the mate to that BEC connector. I don't know what's available to you in the UK for chargers, though...