Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Help with weight

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 03:28 PM
OMPEdgeFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with weight

Ok, I am stepping into Electric for the first time as far as doing everything myself. I built a canard pusher. I am using a GWS 100 direct drive. The wing is a premade from one of the RTF V tail type planes(I am using the smallest wing I could find) and the fuse is just a stick. Anyway, with a GWS 100 direct drive in a pusher set up, and a 6 volt battery, what would I want my weight to be at? As of now, ready to fly I am at 4.9 ounces(135 grams) and it feels like it has enough thrust but I figured I would ask those who know. Thanks everyone.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:55 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help with weight

Actually, "feel" is a valid test. Your gut will tell you when you rev the motor. If it feels like it'll go, it probably will.

The GWS 100 is really a Speed 280 motor. I really don't think you'll have a problem, especially with a low drag plane.

Let us know how it goes, and post a picture!