Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Electric Park Flyer-Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2001, 07:35 PM
peter_lent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Park Flyer-Newbie

Hey All,

In response to my previous thread of looking for a electric place for a beginner, I think I have made up my mind to start with a park flyer.

I have been looking a few and like the Watt-Age Mini-Max Park Flyer. Any opinions about this plane? I figured once I mastered this plane I could step up to the Watt-Age Crazy Max 3D Park Flyer (adds 4th channel w/alerions)

Thanks for all the suggestions and help from a newbie, it is what makes this hobby great.

Also, looking for suggestions on a resonably priced 4 channel radio, and a good charger.

THANKS

-Peter
Old 12-31-2001, 10:34 PM
Cadet

I have heared very good things about this plane. As far as radio goes here are some suggestions:

JR 421 EX - excellent computer 5 ch
JR Quattro -good four channel, non-computer. Available with small radio gear.
Hitec Flash 4x or 5x -Heared good thing about them.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 12-31-2001, 10:38 PM
F3D2Q

Peter
In February, in San Diego there is a Electric Event (Rally) that should be the answer to all of your questions .where you can see which ones fly , and what radio systems offer and sometimes the prices are reasonable...Also.. check www.ezonemag.com it's a all ELectric page
Joe
Happy New Year
Old 01-01-2002, 06:10 AM
greggf

peter: gws tigermoth, our field is full of them! looks like 1917 revisited. .............gregg
Old 01-01-2002, 10:00 PM
gjestico
My Feedback: (2)

Default GWS Tigermoth

I have a GWS Tigermoth, bought it on a whim. It is very easy to fly
Just the thing for very early morning flying in the turnaround at the end of my street.
I am used to flying big IMAC planes also, and find the Moth to be a relaxing way to enjoy some instant airtime with no worries.
It's quite durable, I ran it into a pole last week (Tigermoth Pylon Racing-I should start a class)
just a minor crack on the wing. Fixed up with white glue. Watch out for the glue included in the kit, it is not so good.
Being a tinkerer, I am using a 12volt Duralite pack.
Climbs real good
Old 01-13-2002, 03:19 PM
kenflyer
My Feedback: (5)

Default GWS TigerMoth

If you have to travel a great distance to fly your regular size RC aircraft then you will really enjoy any of the GWS parkflyers, ie, Tiger Moth, FD (Red Max), the Cub, etc.

These little planes can be flown at a football field, baseball field, school yard, etc.

I take mine to work and fly in a couple of open fields near work.....allows me to fly during the week and not have to make the long trip to the flying field.

Don't get me wrong, I love our flying field and the comradeship it encourages.......I just got to get my flying fix during the week!

Try it.....it is a blast!