Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Im Scared

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 09:32 PM
dhmorrill
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im Scared

Well I went and got me a F27 Stryker today, I got bored with my firebird scout so I decided to take the plunge and get a stryker for some training on a 3 channel radio, I am getting ready to go out for my maiden flight and to be frank, I am scared ****less I got her all taped up and reinforced with packing tape as I have read here that it will help keep things together, I trimmed her up and charged the batteries, as soon as I hit enter here I am off. Wish me luck and I will post the results here in this thread, good or bad.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:13 PM
dhmorrill

Default RE: Im Scared

UPDATE:

Got my stryker in the air, was flying awsome when all a sudden as I was banking out of a turn, the plane leveled out and would not turn right, I made a nice smooth landing and found that one servo was not working, when I got back to the hanger to inspect, I found that the servo was very hot and just making a clicking sound when activated, well needless to say I am going to the local hobby shop that I got the plane and get a new servo, and it better be free of charge...... anyways all in all it was a good flight, not a long one but my plane is still all in tact and to me that is a major plus.

I have heard others having problems with the cheap servos that park zone puts in, is there a better servo that would work better and be more reliable?
Old 05-21-2005, 10:31 PM
U2Steve

I understand that the servos are five-wire, not three. If so, you'll have to change all the electronics out if you swap servos.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:01 PM
dhmorrill

yes I found that out, got to wait a week to get a damn servo because they had none, and didnt even offer to let me bring the plane in to exchange it for another sinse i have not gotten to fly it but 25 feet before servo went out the day after I bought it. Love it when I pay for somthing I cannot use, I am very upset.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:23 PM
xray328

Try contacting the manufacturer, I've heard good things. Some guys have totally lost thier planes on the flirst flight snd get them replaced for free. It's worth a shot...
Old 05-22-2005, 10:28 PM
dhmorrill

ORIGINAL: xray328

Try contacting the manufacturer, I've heard good things. Some guys have totally lost thier planes on the flirst flight snd get them replaced for free. It's worth a shot...
I sent Park Zone a email about this and am waiting for a reply.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:25 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Yes, standard procedure with hobby items is to go straight to the distributor when you have warranty issues. That should be clearly stated right in the instructions, in fact. Some hobby shops may handle warranty issues as a courtesy to their customers, but they are generally instructed by their distributors to direct all warranty issues straight to the distributor.

It's really better that way. First, you cut out the middle man and an extra week to the resolution (they may not have time to get to it right away; they have a shop to run, and other customers to care for, after all). Second, you're not forcing the hobby shop to spend what little profit they made from selling you the plane to send it back and have it repaired or replaced (you want the shop to stay open, right?).