Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

servo voltage?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 02:28 PM
sparkling_fist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servo voltage?

how many volts/amps does a 6 channal working on 12v send to the servo motor?
Old 09-22-2005, 08:32 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: servo voltage?

Servos and receivers are designed to operate on a voltage between 4.5 and 6.5 Volts. Normally, input voltage is around 5 Volts.

How do you get 5 Volts from a 12V battery? The Electronic Speed Control (ESC) has a Battery Eliminator Circuit (BEC) built in that regulates the 12V down to 5V for the receiver and servos. If you connected the 12V battery directly to the receiver, it would burn up.

So, the short answer is, "about 5 Volts to the receiver and servos."

Amps will depend on the size of the servo, the design of the servo, and the load being placed on it by the speed of the plane, the size of the control surface, and the flying style of the pilot.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:14 PM
sparkling_fist

Default RE: servo voltage?

right so if i change the small tiny motor on the servo with a big one to make a draganflyer.. will it work?