Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Piper J-3 Kyosho

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 02:27 AM
Venom_14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piper J-3 Kyosho

HI,

I recently bought a EP Piper J-3 cub M24 from Kyosho.
i just have a few questions about it:

1.) in the manual it says it only has a flight time of 5 minutes, is that true? i have another plane, electrafun, and i think it runs on the same battery but flys for 15 minutes.

2.) How long does it take to charge the battery for with the 12v car charger? it is a 8.4v600mAH Ni-MH battery.

If anyone can answer the questions, please tell me.

Thanks.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:32 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Piper J-3 Kyosho

The bigger, heavier, and draggier a plane is, the more power it takes to keep it in the air. The more power it takes, the shorter the flight will be given the same size battery in both airplanes. If the Cub is much larger and draggier than your Electrafun, that would explain the difference in flight times. IMHO, 5 minutes may be a little generous for a flight time estimate.

How long it takes depends on the charger's charge rate. You would divide the charger's charge rate by the capacity of the battery in mAh to get a rough idea of how long it takes to get a full charge. If you cannot find the charger's charge rate, I would recommend purchasing a peak-detect charger. Peak detect chargers can more accurately charge batteries, making them last longer and perform better.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:13 AM
Venom_14

Thanks
Old 08-10-2006, 05:25 PM
Ferias flyer

Hi Venom!
This is not really what the thread is about, but I was interested in getting a Kyosho piper cub. Have you flewn it yet, and if, does it handle well? Would you recommend it

Thanks, ferias flyer