Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

prop saver and spinner???

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 02:00 PM
sfrazee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prop saver and spinner???

Wondering if there is any way to use a prop saver and a spinner together on a short shaft outrunner (eflite 370 outrunner). I love the looks of the spinners but dont want to risk bending my shaft (i am not the best at landing)... I don't see any way as the shaft is only maybe 1/2 an inch long, but maybe someone else knows better. Thanks
Old 01-12-2006, 02:13 PM
Muleman

Default RE: prop saver and spinner???

If you want that type of look try and find a folding prop. Grappler makes a bunch of nice folding props, but they only go to 7", I think. Maybe someone else knows some other folding props. I have only used them on gliders, so I don't know if you can use them on slow flyers with bigger props (10"+).

Jeff
Old 01-12-2006, 05:13 PM
lwatson
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: prop saver and spinner???

GWS makes rubber spinners that simply press on to the shaft and propeller. the friction on the shaft holds them in place. I had a small one that came with a F-stick This may not fit or meet your needs, but it is a thought.