Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

LiPoly Voltage Queries

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 05:48 PM
UKelecflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LiPoly Voltage Queries

Hi all, just before I begin I'm new on this board so bear with me.....
I'm an engineer researching micro unmanned air vehicles in the UK and am very interested in LiPoly technology. The trouble is, I have no experiance in elecrically powered RC aircraft.

The aircraft I'm looking into will be a classical design that has an MTOW of 0.4Kg and a span of 37cm

If anyone out there could answer a few of my questions, I be really gratefull:-

1. Are there any motors that are in exsistance that will run with a single LiPoly (say a KOKAM 3270) that have an LVC and BEC that is appropriate for 3.7V ? (the aircraft is a slow low performance design that will be launched mid flight from a larger UAV)

2. Would two KOKAM 3270's run together to provide the current and voltage requirements for an ASTRO 020 (the 020 requires approx 7V and 10-20A) and has a BEC @5V.? (again, bear in mind the aircraft is a slow and low performance - I need endurance and not speed)

3. Can the LiPoly batteries be charged in paralell and if so, can anyone recommend a charger that will do the job and is as idiot proof as possible?

4. If the astro 020 is not appropriate, can anyone recommend a motor that may be better suited to both LiPoly's and what I'm doing?

Thanks again,

Paul Haworth
(this post is also on the Batteries, Motors etc; Forum, so apologies if this is the second time you've seen this)
Old 04-15-2003, 05:26 PM
John M. Bigelow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LiPoly Voltage Queries

I have 5 sets of 1020 and one set of 3060's the smaller can be
charged and discharged in parellel watch the voltage like they say
4.2 per cell they are great. CU