Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

ElectroStreak and Warp 4 4T motor

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

ElectroStreak and Warp 4 4T motor

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 10:29 PM
desmobob

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ElectroStreak and Warp 4 4T motor

I went to the WRAM show this weekend. I talked to Sal at Northeast Sailplane and bought an RCer Warp 4 4T brushless motor and Phoenix 25A speed control at his recommendation. I also picked up an Apex 3s 2100mah Li-Poly pack and ThunderPower charger. I still need to find a ThunderPower balancer. This is my first foray into brushless AND Li-Poly. I'll probably run the new motor on my old NiCad packs until I get a balancer and another Li-Poly pack.

I'm waiting for a collet prop adapter to come so I can modernize my ElectroStreak. It's the old kit version currently flying on a Kyosho Magnetic Mayhem truck motor and 1900SCR packs. I like the model a lot but want a little more power and flight time.

After doing some reading, I'm wondering if this is enough motor for the model. I have a couple of other models I could use it in, so I'm not really worried; just curious.

Any insights, prop size tips or shared experience appreciated.

Good flying,
desmobob