Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

megatech air strike- any good

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

megatech air strike- any good

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2002, 10:58 PM
greatplanes
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default megatech air strike- any good

any one have one of these and care to comment. seems like a good deal for the whole package. i`m a gas heli pilot looking to take the plunge into an electric small trainer, any suggestions
thanks in advance
Old 01-28-2002, 06:58 PM
Cadet

I would do yourself a favor and NOT get this aircraft! This is a TOY not a proper model. If you already have a transmitter than you will be wasting your money on useless radio gear. If you want to get a small cheep electric go for a GWS "Stick" plane and the GWS Pico pack.
Cheers,
Grant

P.S. PM me for more help.
Old 05-06-2002, 02:57 PM
Teenage RC'er

I agree with cadet...

Those megatech radioes realy are not very good. I have not used one, but i could tell that they are low quality. Generally, you should only trust the big, brandnames like Futuba, Hitec, Airtronics, and the like. They are not cheap, but theyre worth the money, IMO. Seeya around
Old 05-16-2002, 06:54 PM
glowplug
My Feedback: (1)

I totally agree with these guys...the plane is junk. Don't waste your money. I bought these a while ago when I was learning to fly glow models and never got it to fly correctly. I even had more experienced people try to fly it, and they couldn't either.

Mike
Old 11-28-2002, 11:59 PM
sniper887

Default Megatech Air Strike

I agree with the other users that the air strike's radio is no good. I have a JR quattro radio with two hitec micro servos, JRs R700 reciever and a great planes C-10 speed control on mine, and have had no problems. i had to move the battery all the way forward to change the CG (to about 2 1/2 inches from the leading edge) and it flies great now. The plane out of the box was tail heavy and difficult to fly, so the new radio gear and CG change made a big difference.