Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Don't knock Crashes

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 04:43 PM
intimidator_md

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't knock Crashes

Okay people, before you go and right a review or rate a plane and decide to give it a bad rating because it doesn't crash well, stop and take a look at how fast you were going, what angle you impacted at and finally, what part of the plane impacted first and took most of the force. I am soooooooooo sick of reading reviews of people who complain that foamies "don't take damage too well." Well no foolin'! THEY ARE FOAM!!!! But guess what Captain Obvious, if you nose in to the ground at full throttle onto pavement, then you won't have much left! I have "crashed" many a plane into the ground and fences, trees, and even a mailbox and parked van and of all the times I've only had to junk a mere handful of planes. Currently I have crashed my foam Tiger Moth once onto it's wingtip and nose after a horrible hand launch and except for cracking the fuse and wings, it wasn't a loss. At least nothing a little epoxy couldn't fix. It's getting annoying when I see someone rant about they were flying a Mustang or whatever and it stalled out and hit the ground right on the wingtip and the wing broke and nose cracked waaaa waaaaa waaaaa! Crap happens, that doesn't mean the plane is a pile of junk because it broke on impact. That's how they are designed; to absorb trauma and protect your radio gear, motor and most of all not cause too much damage to whatever it is they are hitting. So, in conclusion before you rate a plane, take a look at the crash. Analyze what happened, what it impacted and how it impacted, then go and write a complaint! Don't bad mouth a plane because YOU didn't know how to crash it correctly.[:@]
Old 09-12-2006, 07:21 PM
btoby

Default RE: Don't knock Crashes

WOW!
who craped in your cheese curds.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:40 PM
intimidator_md

yeah, it just got under my skin when I was reviewing some planes I'm interested in and half the posts are of people who gripe about it's weakness. HELLO IT'S FOAM! It makes me second guess the integrity of the plaen altogether, but then I remind myself that they probably crashed it into something or botched the landing etc....... Still, I stand by my post. BTW, I love the analogy, I gotta start using that one.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:39 PM
Hatty

I have to agree. I have a foam plane and I have flown it into quite a few trees and it only gets a few scratches. I've messed up my fair share of landings too, but like you said, epoxy fixes it all.

I think people give planes bad reviews for two reasons. 1: They don't like a plane for whatever reason and feel like it is their duty to go online and bash it. I bet people who loved the plane don't give ratings as much as those who hate it. 2: There are people out there who just cannot fly well and instead of saying "hey, I messed up because I'm not that good" they point the finger at an object that cannot defend itself. It's kind of like saying you lost control of your car because their was water on the road and neglecting the fact that you were going 80mph around a sharp bend.

This is a hobby where even the best fail. You are going to crash and total your plane. Its just a matter of when and where. Live with it. If you don't like it, then get out.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:33 PM
SFflyer

That was a hilarious post Intimidator md! Hatty, your follow-up post was equally good. It all comes back to people taking responsibility for their (often unperceived) actions. If you follow instructions and don't take stupid short-cuts, you will generally be rewarded with an aircraft that performs within its design parameters. If you exceed or fail to observe those parameters, then you-know-what is gonna hit the proverbial fan! And, yes, it IS a FOAM plane- not a Russian Sturmovik. I heartily agree that most posters who complain about the state of their planes, generally don't know what they are doing and are looking for an outlet for their frustration. They need to be flying trainers, not some red-hot 3D performance machine.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:01 PM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I don't think foam crashes are near spectacular enough. It would be much more fun if the entire plane would disintegrate into little foam beads.

POOOOF! [X(]
Old 09-14-2006, 03:03 PM
aflipz
My Feedback: (10)

wow, let these morons get balsa built up models and see how they like it.

I think most of these guys are coming from rtr toy remote control cars that they crash all the time and expect rc planes to be the same.

If i get into a severe crash with an rc plane and it comes out unscathed (hasn't hapenned yet) but if it does, i'll be complaining that it could have been built weaker to save weight.

Build to fly, don't build to crash!

personally, if there were absolutely no consequences to crashing i would have lost interest in this hobby in a day or two. if you can do no wrong to an rc vehicle of any type in my opinion it is just a toy to hand to a 3yr old... The whole excitment of rc flying is the uncertainty of bringing anything but the tx home after a session!