Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Eflight Mini Ultra Stick PnP prop?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Eflight Mini Ultra Stick PnP prop?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 08:20 PM
Toker41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eflight Mini Ultra Stick PnP prop?

I busted the prop on my PnP Mini Ultra Stick. I ordered the props that the part list had listed, but it doesn't fit on the prop adapter that came with the kit. It's not even close. I would rather not get into drilling the prop out. Anyone know exactly what prop I need?
Old 11-21-2006, 08:40 PM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Eflight Mini Ultra Stick PnP prop?

I buy APC props for mine. A good slow prop would be the 10 X 3.8 - one for faster flights would be the 10 X 7.
Personally, I like the 10 X 3.8 better.

Old 11-21-2006, 09:09 PM
patnchris

I would not go to less than a 10 X 4.7. The stock motor is supposed to spin a 10 X 7.....I've used a 10 X 4.7 slow flyer....but the 10 x 5 or the 10 X 7 works better. I was told by E-flight that the problem with spinning too flat a prop is that it could allow the motor to over rev, but I really don't think that's an issue. .....Pat
Old 11-21-2006, 09:51 PM
Fliprob17

Go with the APC 10x6 or 10x7 Slowfly. They come with various o-ring adapters to fit different motor shaft diameters. Plus, I just think APC is a better prop, it is all I use.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:08 AM
Toker41

turns out the shaft on the motor that comes with the PnP is 1/8" and is not threaded. Different than the 4mm shaft on the 450 if bought separately. Having a bit of trouble finding a prop or adapter that will fit. I would not have gone with the PnP if I had known it was going to be a problem to simply replace the prop.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:26 AM
Toker41

Ok, I tried an APC. It doesn't fit "tight", but does fit. Is a little, slight play a bad thing?
Old 11-26-2006, 06:06 PM
Fliprob17

No, not really, once you tighten down the prop nut it will be snug anyway, just make sure it tightens down fairly straight.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:38 PM
Toker41

I contacted Hobbyzone.com. They told me that the prop I ordered IS the right one. I replied that it doesn't fit the shaft, and that the shaft on the PnP MUS is 1/8 inch, and that the part they listed as a replacement prop is not the right one. They e-mailed me back saying I have to contact that manufacturer, and they are just a messenger, and will not reply again. I do not believe I will be doing business with them again.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:20 AM
Fliprob17

That is a shame they handled it that way, instead of just giving you a new prop or something.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:24 AM
Toker41

What upsets me the most is that they couldn't even suggest an alternative prop, and how they don't seem to care that the parts list on their site for this pnp plane is wrong. They told me that the manufacturer says it's right, and they are "just a messenger", so they will not change it.

The APC fit the prop adapter that came with the PnP. However, I'm still considering sending BOTH planes back due to their poor service. To me, service is more important than the product itself.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:08 PM
gsk11740

For what it's worth, I just got all the parts I needed to fix my wrecked MUS PnP (new fuselage, prop and a servo) from Horizon Hobby. Guess what? The E-Flite 10x7SF prop doesn't fit the adapter. So, it's not just Hobbyzone. I think whoever does the parts listings (E-Flite?) needs to get it figured out. It does say on the paper that came packaged with the props that it can be drilled out "but E-Flite assumes no responsibility".... yada, yada, yada. Whatever. After seeing how fast my MUS flew with the 10x7SF, I'm not sure I want that much prop on it anyway.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Drilling out the prop is nothing to fear. Modelers have been drilling out props since time immemorial. Why can't they drill them the right size to begin with? They leave the hole small so the prop will fit many applications. It's a necessity because you can't "un-drill" a prop if the hole it comes with is too big. Even the APC props need to be drilled when you start getting into bigger-than-parkflyer planes.

Just go one drill size at a time (1/64" at a time) and take it slow. You don't even need a drill press.

One thing I would recommend if you're going with APC is to skip the "Slo Flyer" style and go with an APC Thin-E prop on the MUS. The RPMs of the motor are borderline for the limitations of the Slo Fly props.