Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Heat Shrink question

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 12:24 AM
Stephen Byers
My Feedback: (-3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heat Shrink question

I am looking for the best place too get Heat Shrink and some good connectors/Tabs/wire for my batterries. Can you get the connectors with the wires already installed, so all you gotta do is solder them too the new pack? Also looking for a decent Soldering gun at a reasonable price. Thank Ya'll
Old 01-30-2003, 01:00 AM
latch66

Check out:

www.eflightpacks.com

Battreries, connectors, wire, heat-shrink......etc.
Old 01-30-2003, 01:01 AM
d4a2n0k
My Feedback: (6)

I dont know about the battery tabs and stuff but I will say to go to Home Depot and get the heatshrink tubing from them.

There are some manufacturers that sell heatshrink tubing such as Great Planes but you get about 20 pieces of tubing for 5 bucks. From Home Depot, you can get bags of heatshrink tubing for the same price. I picked up a bag for 10 bucks and it is enough heatshrink tubing to last a lifetime.
Old 01-30-2003, 01:05 AM
latch66

Another option is to check with your local electircal contractor supply.

I bought a large piece (several feet) of heat-shrink tubing there for about a buck.
Old 01-30-2003, 03:48 AM
BoomZilla

I just use solder wick (copper braid) instead of tabs to connect the cells. You can get a spool of it at Radio Shack along with inexpensive soldering irons.
Old 01-30-2003, 04:44 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Radio Shack solder wick is okay for smaller batteries, but when you get into the big stuff, you need heavier solder wick, battery bars, or strips of copper cut from copper tubing and hammered flat.

Home Depot is good for smaller heat shrink for wires and such, but I don't think they carry the large-diameter stuff you'd use to wrap battery packs. Last I checked, the large clear shrinkwrap can be purchased on Ebay.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:56 PM
Omega blood

look in the yellow pages for electronics stores they have all that. Radio shack isn't good for that kind of thing anymore.