Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Difference between heli and air radio?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Difference between heli and air radio?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 10:23 AM
khmoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difference between heli and air radio?

Hello, I think i'm going to buy a Spektrum DX-7 soon, and it seams that the heli radio is cheaper than the airplane radio, what is the differnce between heli and air, it says that you can fly both.

I'm going to use it on my GP Reactor EP so it is for a park flyer

Thanx for any reply.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:34 AM
ampeater
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Difference between heli and air radio?

That's odd, usually the heli radio cost more because it comes with an extra servo and bigger rx battery. The difference is that the heli radio combines 2 channels on the throttle stick, the throttle and the collective. It also has some switches that allow the collective curve to work independant of the throttle. You used to have to buy a special transmitter that could do this, but nowadays you can select whether you want to use the transmitter as an airplane or heli radio right in the software using the same tramitter (although I haven't checked out th spectrum to see if it can do this). The receiver is the same.